We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Air - London to Cairo

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Swiss Air - London to Cairo

I want to fly from London to Cairo and I have found a cheap air fare with Swiss Air which has a 55 minute stopover in Zurich.

I have flown with Swiss Air before and have missed my connecting flight because of delays and massive queues to get through security.

Has anyone else incurred problems with connecting flights in a short timeframe in Zurich?

Thanks

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 9
1. Re: Swiss Air - London to Cairo

I would post your question in some airline forum!!

Basel / Switzerland
reviews: 34
2. Re: Swiss Air - London to Cairo

A delay with Swiss is the exception not the rule.

55 minutes stopover should be ok for your conecting flight. Be aware that you will have to change the terminal. So, proceed to the next terminal just after arrivaL.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 20
3. Re: Swiss Air - London to Cairo

i fly about 4 to 6 times a year with Swiss, and we have used this airline since ever. There was only once a big delay - this because they could not find a passager in Zurich and had to empty all the luggage, chuck his, load the rest back.

He was found later, sleeping drunk in an airport bar.

But even if there is a delay and you miss your connecting flights, swiss will book you to the next available - provided the booking is done with Swiss all the way.

There are massive queues at security checking so hurry up to the controls. And be well prepared to go through:

swiss.com/web/…carryon_baggage.aspx

especially:

swiss.com/web/…new_safety_rules.aspx

tak

Europe
reviews: 3
4. Re: Swiss Air - London to Cairo

Good choice to fly with Swiss :-)!

Please note that the gate to your flight to Cairo closes 20 minutes prior departure. So your layover is of 35 minutes.

There shouldn't be any problem if you go straight to the security control in your transit area.

Linnen

5. Re: Swiss Air - London to Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 05, 2009