We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying one night in Zug

Which Zug hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
Staying one night in Zug

Hello,

I'll be returing from Valais to Zurich, my flight is at 10:00 am on a Sunday.

Instead of staying overnight in Zurich, I was thinking about a day in Zug instead, because I have already been to Zurich.

Is it a good idea?

Is it feasable to arrive from Zug to Zurich airport on time or risky?

If not Zug, any other options other than Zurich?

Thank you!

14 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
11. Re: Staying one night in Zug

If you decide to visit Zug, by the lake there are several cages with exotic birds: flamingos, parrots, etc

Your child may like it.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
reviews: 139
12. Re: Staying one night in Zug

I would't call Zug 'tiny'. It's old town is really beautiful and compact. And it's a very rich town with a lovely lakeside setting - so everything is picture perfect. But there is actually quite a large modern business town behind it. Just to 'warn' as if you get off the train expecting something tiny and old, you will be surprised. But you will find the lovely lakeside and old town area within 3 minutes walk. And there are 2 old town hotels which are very atmospheric - Lowen and Ochsen/City.

My favourite aspect of the old town if you are there in late June/July/August is that there is a swimming badi/lido in the old town. The lake is shallow and very pleasant to swim in summer. An early evening swim with the Alps in the background, and casual dinner outside in the old town is perfect.

Edited: 4:04 am, May 27, 2014
Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
13. Re: Staying one night in Zug

And you might be lucky enough to experience a wonderful sunsets!

…google.com/swissaholic/…5510461091539098082

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 164
14. Re: Staying one night in Zug

Hi torolga

Zug is a gem non its own lake with wonderful sunsets and, as it was said before, a small but beautiful old town. Include the so called Vorstadt to the old town and you will have a chance to see the old towers which were built along the old city wall of Zug.

If you like there are a few things to visit from Zug - see www.zugtourismus.ch and Top Questions about Zug (TA Zug forum) -. A great excursion is a visit of the Aegeri valley along lake Aegeri, Hochstuckli above Sattel which you both reach by bus from Zug and of course the Hoellgrotten at Baar - www.hoellgrotten.ch -.

It is correct, that Zug is less known by tourists but it has its great attractions.

Have fun

pore

Reply to: Staying one night in Zug
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zug