We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling in Zug

Which Zug hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 3
Cycling in Zug

Hi,

My friend and i will be going to Zug from Zurich for a day trip. We want to do some cycling and explore the Zug area.

I tried to google around and found out the each of the “Velobus” stations will offer between 15 and 20 bicycles completely free of charge between 9 am and 9 pm. I am not sure if this service is still available.

But other than that, are there shops that we can find to rent bicycles in case the free bicycles are not available?

Hope to get some answers here.

Appreciate the help! =)

Cheers!

Ken

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 164
1. Re: Cycling in Zug

Hi Ken

If you would be visiting during summer season, yes this service will still be on offer. You will need to leave your passport or identity card in the bus to make sure, that you bring your bicycle back.

From the railway station walk straight away from the main exit left from the pharmacy and thee will be a parking space on your left after you crossed one road. The bicycle bus will be there somewhere. I can not give you the exact point as there is a construction plant (Coop City) ongoing this year and the bus is not there yet as it is too early. This is maximum a 5 minutes walk from the railway station.

There is an other option at http://www.fahrradverleih.ch/ (unfortunately not available in English).

pore

Edited: 4:29 am, April 01, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 3
2. Re: Cycling in Zug

thanks for the info!

will try to get more info before the trip.

I forgot to mention i will be arriving @ 12th Oct 2013.

Cheers

Ken

3. Re: Cycling in Zug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Zug