We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goldenpass train

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida and Cape Cod
reviews: 2
goldenpass train

We will traveling from Montreux to Interlaken in Sept. Would reservations be necessary on the panorama train?

Singapore
reviews: 9
11. Re: goldenpass train

Yes, I also believe that the price is only for reservation of seat and there is a need to purchase the tickets separately at a different price.

I was also puzzled initially why it's so cheap when I tried the reservation.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
12. Re: goldenpass train

> The Goldenpass website allows me to book for 8Chf...is that just reserving the seat, rather than actually travelling I wonder...?

Yes. You pay extra for the tickets. At the GP reservation site you will see that there are several 'not reserveable' carriages on each train. Provided you do not leave it late arriving at the station you should be able to find seats even if the reseveable carriages are full.

>And if I book on sbb.ch, how do I book an actual seat?

sbb.ch/en/…seat-reservations.html

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 132
13. Re: goldenpass train

I would only reserve a seat if travelling in First Class and I wanted the VIP seats OR on a weekend, especially in July and August and in ski season.

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 15
14. Re: goldenpass train

Hi

I also have a similar query. We shall be going to Montreux from Interlaken on 16th August, and have also reserved seats in second class on 15:44 returning from Montreux to Zweisimmen

We are planning to 10:25 from Zweisimmen to Montreux. The reservation for first class says CHF 8 per seat. So apart from this, do I have to pay for upgrade from second class to first class, as I have a second class Swiss Pass. And where can I do this upgrade

Another question is which side of the train is preferable, from Zweissimen to Montreux. Right or Left? And yes, I would like to sit facing front and facing backwards :)

Kindly help

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 132
15. Re: goldenpass train

Yes you must pay for the upgrade and you must do this before boarding the train. Best thing is to arrive a few minutes early at the Zweisimmen station and go to the ticket office. Show your pass and tell them you want to upgrade to first for the round trip...

Either side is lovely. So it really makes no difference. But if you sit on the same side on both trips you will effectively be sitting on both sides!! So why not ask for this?

The only "facing backwards" seats that are nor normal ones in the carriage are the VIP seats in First IF there is an panoramic car hooked onto the back of the train. VIP seats cost 15frs each. IF you can get these in the first row it is worth it. Second row is not nearly as good.

Kochi
reviews: 7
16. Re: goldenpass train

I traveled from Montreux to Zweisimmen and then from Zweisimmen to Interlaken last week.In the first journey most of the second class seats including us were pre reserved.We got into another scenic train from

Arth Goldau to Lucerne through Lungen (amazingly beautiful) which was accidental and most of the seats were empty.

17. Re: goldenpass train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 15, 2014