We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

on the run shop or just petrol station

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
teeside england
reviews: 6
on the run shop or just petrol station

does anyone know what you can buy in on the run in montreux please I have seen it on street view but I cant make up my mind if it has a shop or just a petrol station I thought it would be handy for water or a sandwich etc many thanks

Krakow, Poland
reviews: 53
1. Re: on the run shop or just petrol station

which petrol station are u referring to? I am not sure to understand, sorry :s

teeside england
2. Re: on the run shop or just petrol station

its the esso petrol station near the royal plaza ive had another look on street maps and the sign ouside says café. so that's good

Lucerne, Switzerland
reviews: 12
3. Re: on the run shop or just petrol station

Looks like a typical Swiss petrol station... probably has a basic mini-market with bread, frozen pizza/lasagne, beer, wine, milk, cheese, water, etc. And open when the normal shops are closed.

The Coop petrol stations usually have decent mini-markets if there is one in the area.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
4. Re: on the run shop or just petrol station

It might help if we knew your route so we might suggest where you will find something if this particular place isn't a shop.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
5. Re: on the run shop or just petrol station

Hi dabarTeesideEngland,

Sorry, I've never been inside that Esso station -- but if it's a typical gas station in Switzerland, at most it'll have a few racks of food.

There is a small Coop next to the train station that has quite a lot of stuff, from fresh and delicious sandwiches to breads and the makings for a picnic.

Have fun as you plan!

s

teeside england
6. Re: on the run shop or just petrol station

thanks everyone very helpfull

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
7. Re: on the run shop or just petrol station

"On the Run" is a sort of mini shop and basic café at a petrol station. There are several of them around here. You can buy ready made sandwiches, soft drinks, chocolates and also "emergency" supplies for your kitchen like milk, bread etc. And get coffee, tea etc. I have seen one near Vevey as well...

8. Re: on the run shop or just petrol station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 16, 2014