We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Pass

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Golden Pass

I want to travel from Zurich to Montreux, and have looked at the Swiss Rail website.

If I go through Zweisimmen and look at the routing comments, some have Golden Pass, Panoramic, does this mean the other times without this comment go a different route, and will not be as scenic?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 144
1. Re: Golden Pass

The route is as scenic, BUT these are the local trains and don't have the panonamic large windows in 1st class. For the rest no difference, and if you travel 2nd class no difference anyhow between the panoramic and non-panoramic trains.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Lucerne, Switzerland
2. Re: Golden Pass

No, but you can easily check by using SBB's map funtionality (an icon at the bottom of every "opened" connection). Or you use the "show intermediate stops" functionality.

www.rail.ch

http://www.goldenpass.ch/goldenpass_line_maps

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 132
3. Re: Golden Pass

The only time it is really really worth taking the Panoramic (and paying the seat reservation fee in First class) is when you can snare one of the 4 seats in the front row of the train. Called VIP seats, they are in front of the driver. there are actually two rows of them, but having sat in both I would say that the second row is not worth the extra money. This car only operates from zweisimmen to Montreux and vv.

You can book the seats on www.goldenpass.ch And you do not need a ticket to reserve the seat. You can get that later...

4. Re: Golden Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 17, 2013