We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a routing please

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
reviews: 66
Suggest a routing please

Dear experts,

Kindly suggest a routing to cover the following in a day trip from our base near Territet station

1) Cruise to Vevey. +Vevey old town walkin tour

2) Trip to Les Plieades & Mont Pelerin

3) Rochers de Naye

4) Chillon Castle

Thanks!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
1. Re: Suggest a routing please

Hi drsel,

I think you have it pretty well done already.

Take a ferry cruise from the Territet dock to Vevey, walk the old town. From the train station, walk to the left to the funicular up the mountain. After you see the mountain, take bus #201 (free with the Riviera Card your hosts give you) to Montreux station "Escaliers de la Gare." Take the stairs up to the train station and catch the train to Rochers-de-Naye. Then come back down and continue on bus #201 to Chillon.

You can see all the train schedules at

www.rail.ch

Have fun!

s

mumbai
reviews: 66
2. Re: Suggest a routing please

Thanks Swan for that instant reply!

What about visiting Les Plieades after Mont Perlin?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
3. Re: Suggest a routing please

Hi again,

Sorry, I do think it would be stretching it to do both of these in this one day. You would have to come back to the Vevey train station and take the train up to Les Pleiades and back down again. Check the train schedules to see how often they run and how long the journey is. I think they only run once an hour and take 38 minutes for the run to the top. So, including this in your day will take at least three hours and probably four.

I was going to add that you don't have to go back to the Vevey train station from the old town to get to the funicular for Mt. Pelerin -- once you walk through the old town, just continue to walk with the lake on your left-hand side. You'll come to a place where the road goes under an underpass, and the funicular is on the other side of that underpass. Strongly advise you to take a look at google maps or some other map to see the layout!

Have fun!

s

Edited: 4:03 am, March 31, 2012
Lucerne, Switzerland
reviews: 12
4. Re: Suggest a routing please

I wouldn't bother with Les Pléiades AND Mont Pèlerin, the view is very similar from both places. A couple of things to bear in mind:

- From the top station of the Mont Pèlerin funicular, it will take you about an hour to walk to the actual top of the hill, and it's steeply uphill pretty much all the way (total height gain is 300 metres or 1,000 feet over a distance of 3 km).

- The top of Mont Pèlerin is covered in forest, so you will have to go up the tower to see the view.

- The train on Les Pléiades goes right to the top - you will have a five-minute walk to get to the actual highes tpoint.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 104
5. Re: Suggest a routing please

This is true, but for me, the funicular and the glass lift to the top of the transmitter tower at Mont Pelerin are pretty fun...if you don't mind the walk between the two.

6. Re: Suggest a routing please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, April 02, 2013