We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 4
Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

Has anyone been to Le Pont de Brent recently?

We'll be spending a long weekend in Geneva and Montreux, and we'd like to have one fancy dinner while there. I came across some info for Le Pont de Brent and saw that it currently has 2-michelin stars, and the tripadvisor reviews give it some nice marks.

How far is it from the town of Montreux and is it accessible if we won't have a car?

Anyone been recently that would care to share a review?

Thanks!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
1. Re: Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

Hi GoHOkiesGo,

Despite my many visits to Montreux, I've never gotten to this restaurant -- primarily because it's difficult to get to by public transportation.

The restaurant actually sits in the village of Brent (as its name implies), somewhat outside of Montreux on the road to the village of Bloney. The address is: Route de Blonay 4, Brent

There are a few ways to get there, and you can see them all on the Swiss rail site at

www.rail.ch

When you input your destination point, on the "To" line, change "All types" to "City Street number." Then input your departure as Montreux and the address as your destination.

You'll see that you can get there by train + 17-minute walk, or train + bus, or bus. That'll probably be ok for your arrival, but I think, after enjoying a long and incredible meal, that would be difficult for a return to Montreux. If I were going to do this, I would budget in a taxi back to Montreux, and that'll probably be around 30-50 chf.

Good luckk -- hope you do it and write a report about the transport!

s

Bern, Switzerland
reviews: 74
2. Re: Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

Check out this map:

map.search.ch/brent/rte-de-blonay-4.en.html

The nearest train station is Fontanivent, about 15 min walking. (Buses don't run after 8 pm...)

The place is worth the 2 stars, enjoy !

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
3. Re: Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

It changed hands a year or so ago and I haven't heard anything about the quality of the restaurant one way or the other except that it is not considered anymore to be the best in the country... good but not exceptional I suppose.

And as noted, without a car - hard to get to. You could take taxis though and if you are willing to pay the prices at the restaurant then a taxi won't seem like much more!!

If you want a really, really exceptional meal I have two suggestions for you in the Valais - one is Didoer de Courten in Sierre. 19/20 in the Gault Milau. The other, almost as good but in a very different setting, is the Restaurant des Alpes (sometimes called Café des Alpes) in Orsières. About 1/4 the price of Brent or de Courtin and very, very good! Changed hands 18 months ago and the new owner, Samuel Desteing, is absolutely superb in the kitchen. Even better - actually tons better - than his predecessor!!

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
4. Re: Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

Take a cab from Montreux. If you can afford a meal at Bont de Brent, the fare for the taxi shouldn't be a problem... I ate there once a few years ago when it was owned by Gerard Rabey. One of the leading chefs of Switzerland, but honestly I wasn't overly impressed with the food. But I don't know how it is now with the new cook.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
5. Re: Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

Hi again,

Well, I wasn't sure if you would be open to other fantastic restaurants that aren't in Montreux -- but if you are, I suggest you head to Gstaad (about 90 minutes from Montreux).

Because Gstaad has been home to the rich 'n famous since the 1950s, the village has more than its fair share of gourmet restaurants. I've only eaten at two -- the Bagatelle (in the Hotel le Grand Chalet, above the town) and the Chesery. Both have around 16 or 17 Gault Millau points, and either one will totally blow you away.

Not sure what your entire itinerary is, but you could stop by Gstaad for lunch and experience one of these places, and you would not be sorry!

Have fun!

s

Virginia
reviews: 4
6. Re: Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. It sounds like we may need to take a taxi to get there, which is a bummer, but not impossible.

We truly only have a weekend over in Switzerland, so I'd prefer to stay close to Montreux or Geneva. We're probably going to do two days in Montreux, then one in Geneva - yes, I know, we have wacky schedules that don't permit the chance to see everything, but we do it anyways.

I'll definitely check out the other suggestions though; if some of the others have amazing food as well but are easier to get to, then we may need to go that route. We don't really mind spending the money on the restaurant, as long as it lives up to its star-power. I think my wife and I have built our best memories together at amazing restaurant experiences, we're foodies at heart.

7. Re: Restaurant Le Pont de Brent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:40 am, June 18, 2013