We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lausanne Gar to Paris - name error on train ticket

Which Lausanne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Lausanne Gar to Paris - name error on train ticket

I booked tickets for July.

When printing them I noticed that I inputted our names with the first name as Surname and the First Name is the Surname.

Also, my 11 year old son got an adults ticket.

We got a good deal on them but will the name error be a problem.

They are correct spelling - just the other way than on our passports.

The TGV Lyria website does not seem to have any number anywhere for calling customer service, and I don't have much faith in their email enquiry service.

For the web site it would appear that I can change them in the station.

Has anyone any experience/advise please.

Southport UK
1. Re: Lausanne Gar to Paris - name error on train ticket

I have just looked at my last TGV Lyria ticket from December 2010. It's an actual ticket and it has no name on it so I can't see it would be a problem. I've never been asked for anything to confirm my name at the same time as the ticket by the train conductor.

Looking at a number of actual tickets none have my name on them.

Gibel

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 26
2. Re: Lausanne Gar to Paris - name error on train ticket

You cannot compare train tickets with flight tickets. Actually a train ticket is normally not issued with a specific name. You only give your name for the seat reservation. It would only be checked if somebody else pretends that he has a reservation for the same seats. So you don't have to worry at all about the wrong name.

Ireland
3. Re: Lausanne Gar to Paris - name error on train ticket

thank you but I got a very swift response back saying that the error was my fault and that I would not be allow to travel with the error.

So to my own financial cost (€100) I had to cancel my order and rebook.

The problem was in that I chose non refundable non exchangable apparently. If I had chosen another online tariff I could have amended my booking.

Thank you for getting back to me though its not going to lessen my enjoyment of what is truelly a wonderful train journey.

Ireland
4. Re: Lausanne Gar to Paris - name error on train ticket

Rereading I should have just chanced my arm at the railway station but never mind.

Good deal on tickets somewhat marred by incompetent data inputter. Only got myself to blame.

5. Re: Lausanne Gar to Paris - name error on train ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 30, 2012