We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to lugano and cable cars

Which Lugano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
reviews: 23
day trip to lugano and cable cars

This is a little urgent. Am planning to do the day trip to lugano by bus tomorrow and am currently staying in menaggio. I have kids and they love the cable cars. In a day trip is it possible to incorporate any cable car rides at lugano and if so which ones would be open for the current time of the year. I could just not find the right information.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
1. Re: day trip to lugano and cable cars

The closest cable cars to Lugano are Monte Lema and Monte Tamaro.

www.montelema.ch/

montetamaro.ch/tamaro/…

A closer alternative mountain trip when arriving by bus from Menaggio would be the funicular to Monte Brè.

www.montebre.ch/eng/menus/index

See map for location of bus stop and funicular.

map.search.ch/d/dcznme5nt.html

The weather is forecast to be good.

…admin.ch/web/…

Lugano, Switzerland
2. Re: day trip to lugano and cable cars

Good morning,

thank you for your message. Seeing that you are coming just for a day trip we suggest you more Monte Brè or Monte San Salvatore that are directly in the city of Lugano. These two are funiculars. Monte Lema and Monte Tamaro are also beautiful panoramic points but you will need more time to reach the departure stations.

For any further information we are at your disposal also via e-mail at info@luganoturismo.ch

Best regards

InfoService

mumbai
3. Re: day trip to lugano and cable cars

Thanks a lot. I used the monte bre and had a wonderful time. Thanks for the info. In fact both monte bre and monte San salvatore are located just around the lake and can both be done if you take the mini train around the lake. It has stations for both so one could get down and do both at different stops.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
4. Re: day trip to lugano and cable cars

I am so glad it all worked out ok and that you had a great time. i expect your children particularly enjoyed the ride on the funicular. Mine always did!

mumbai
5. Re: day trip to lugano and cable cars

Sure they did. Thanks once again

6. Re: day trip to lugano and cable cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 20, 2015