We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Como to Lugano day trip

Which Lugano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uniontown
Lake Como to Lugano day trip

I'm having a little trouble with scheduling and how much time I need: I land in Milan approximately 7:30 early May and will transfer to Como. I was hoping to hop the train ( or should it be bus?) to Lugano and from the train walk down the hill through town through the parks and historical town and to the lakefront seeing most of the highlights. I was planning on a boat to Gandria for a little then walking the trail back to Lugano then a train back to Como needing to be back to Como by 6:00PM. Can this be done? Do I need to make changes to my means of transportation? Can I meet the train schedules? I understand Gandria and the olive trail are worth doing, is this true? Is the walk easier from Gandria than to? Can someone give me a do-able plan?

1 reply
Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
1. Re: Lake Como to Lugano day trip

>Can this be done?

It's possible although I think it would be a bit of a rush particularly if you have just come off a long flight.

You can plan your train journeys between Como and Lugano at:- www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

and get the boat schedules at:- lakelugano.ch/en/…timetable_summer_2014.aspx

We prefer to take the boat and walk back from Gandria. If you find time is tight then you can take a bus to the centre and station from Castagnola.

Reply to: Lake Como to Lugano day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted