We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive and reliable taxi/car service in Lugano

Which Lugano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 91
Inexpensive and reliable taxi/car service in Lugano

Our daughter will be living in Lugano for 6 months this January. We will visit her from time to time and, she as well, might need a car/taxi service. Can anyone recommend any safe, reliable and inexpensive service? We visited a few months ago and every taxi ride from 2-15 mins long cost $25!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
11. Re: Inexpensive and reliable taxi/car service in Lugano

A tip is something you give for things above and beyond the professional duty. A taxi driver just driving you down the street is just doing what s/he is paid for, so I fail to see the need for a tip. If he is helping to carry your luggage up the stairs or something like that, then and only then you should tip. Easy and clear.

I know it is different in US, but please tell your husband that he isn't in US at that point.

Lugano, Switzerland
12. Re: Inexpensive and reliable taxi/car service in Lugano

How about a rental car? awayrent.com is very good.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
reviews: 1
13. Re: Inexpensive and reliable taxi/car service in Lugano

Usually i rent a small and cheap from Malpinsa airport in Milan. And drive 30 minutes to Como then 20 more minutes to Lugano. Just make sure that your hotel or apartment has free parking.

Driving is so enjoyable in Europe.

Enjoy.

Lugano, Svizzera
reviews: 8
14. Re: Inexpensive and reliable taxi/car service in Lugano

Si mano non è detto che i taxi A che come dice lei sono regolati dal comune siano i meno cari!

Io sono un taxi B e posso assicurarle che i taxi B (salvo qualche eccezione) sono meno cari dei taxi A per questo riusciamo ancora campare nella giungla dei taxi di Lugano.

15. Re: Inexpensive and reliable taxi/car service in Lugano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 15, 2015