We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano

Which Lugano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
reviews: 84
Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano

We have found that there are a few shuttle bus companies that offer transfer services between Milan's Malpensa Airport and Lugano, Switzerland. They look like very good and reliable choices. Just to make sure that we know about all of our options though, may we ask if there is an express train that leaves out of Malpensa and goes to Lugano? Thank you! (Our meeting is in Lugano, and we would rather not have to add a third leg to our flights from the US.)

6 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
reviews: 105
1. Re: Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano

Hi pln61,

There is a train from Malpensa to Lugano via Bellinzona. I would not recommend you it though bcs it takes almost 3 hours. THERE ARE NO DIRECT EXPRESS TRAIN. You are right that there are a few shuttle bus companies which can bring you from Malpesna directly to Lugano. Here they are:

1. http://www.malpensaexpress.ch/orari.asp

2. http://www.luganoservices.ch/Orari.aspx

3. http://www.jetbus.ch/ (click on orari)

The links are in Italian, but you will easy understand the time and price.

Have a good trip and enjoy your meeting.

Minnesota
reviews: 84
2. Re: Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano

Thank you for your very helpful caution re: the longer trip by train from Malpensa to Lugano. We may revert back to flying then, even though that means a third leg to our trip (from Zurich to Lugano).

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 2
3. Re: Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano

What is so horrible in using a bus for an hour??? Exactly because using the trains means a detour there are regular and fast shuttle bus services from Malpensa to Lugano. It is not far and quite quick.

Novi Sad, null...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano

Do I need a reservation for those shuttle buses, as I am not sure which i will catch?

Lugano, Switzerland
5. Re: Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano

Good afternoon,

we thank you for your kind request.

we suggest you to do a reservation in advance if possible.

Best regards

InfoTeam

Hong Kong, China
6. Re: Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano

I note that there are 3 companies running the bus services to Lugano with different timetables. It seems that they all stop at Stop No. 5/6 near Exit 4 in Terminal 1. Our flight will arrive at 08:15 on 2 May in the morning, but we are really not sure when we are ready to get on a bus. To avoid missing a bus, can we buy tickets at the airport? Is there a service desk selling tickets at the arrival hall or we can buy the tickets at the bus? Thanks for your advice. If the bus is full, we can go by train via Milano.

Reply to: Is there an express train from Milan Malpensa to Lugano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted