We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 24
What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

We are going by Bernina Express, reaching at just after 12 PM and returning at 3:22 PM, What are the options for 2 hour, a nice place for lunch or to visit...

Suggestions appreciated..:)

bern
1. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

Some options

walk around the lake eat in one of the restaurants there.

depending on the season it's possible to:

get off the train a stop before in Pontresina, take the chairlift to up to Alp Languard, eat lunch in the restaurant on the mountain and say hello to the cows.

walk up through St. Mortiz and take Funicular to Corviglia, eat in the restaurant up there (limited time on the top)

Marietta, Georgia
2. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

Sounds really exciting. Will explore the options...thAnks a million:)

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 265
3. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

You dont tell when this will be. Off-season, options are limited. Should you visit during the season, it depends how far you would venture out from the train station. According to my counting, 12.00 to 15.22 h is 3 hours, not two.

Some suggestions:

Walk along the lake of St. Moritz any lenght. The closest restaurant directly on the lake is the Segelclub, where you can sit outdoor and enjoy lunch. It's often rather busy at lunch time as it has decent prizes and thus a lot of working people enjoy an outdoor lunche there. If you walk further, you reach St. Moritz Bad (does mean spa, not bad) the lower section of St. Moritz. There is a good choice of restaurants of any kind there. You could even walk all around the lake (ca. 1 hour from and to the train station) and have lunch at the Hotel Bellaval, directly at the train station. Or you could walk to the Lake Staz http://www.lejdastaz.ch/en.html , this making a nice round-trip. From there, you still could decide to continue to Pontresina and take your return train from there instead of from St. Moritz. The path arrives directly at the train station in Pontresina.

With 3 hours, you could also take a bus up the valley along the lakes and visit Sils-Maria. There are several hotels also there.

You even could go up all the way to Piz Nair for the view, but this would rather be in a hurry and you would have to check you watch continuously.

Another option, but you would probably have to skip St. Moritz, would be to get off at Bernina Diavolezza and go up to Diavolezza www.diavolezza.ch for the view and the high mountain feeling. You could enjoy your lunch on a sunny terrace in the middle of peaks and snow. Just do this with perfect weather.

Another stop on the way would be getting off at Morteratsch www.morteratsch.ch , hike into the valley towards the glacier (even and well groomed path) any lenght you want - the first good photo option is right after the first bend of the road and it gets better all the way - and then enjoy lunch at the restaurant there before traveling back. During high season there is also an alpine cheese-making close to the tiny Morteratsch train station, where you can enjoy local products at the alp brunch offered http://www.alp-schaukaeserei.ch/

You dont tell a lot about your interests, so for all the options you will have, check www.engadin.stmoritz.ch

Marietta, Georgia
4. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

Thanks so much. Wonderful. Our date is June 25 th, 2 weeks from now.

We are interested in view and beauty...lunch in ana unforgettable location.

Thanks again,

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 110
5. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

There is a supermarket down by the lake where you could get a nice picnic. There are seats by the lakeside.

The station is central so you will have the opportunity to look around the town too.

Marietta, Georgia
6. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

Great!! Thanks for all your help.

For St Mortiz, any suggestion about clothing?

We are going there June 25th. We live in Atlanta, Geogia, USA.

Not sure what to pack..

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 265
7. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

This will already be the beginning of season, so almost everything should be open by then. I would avoid the picnic, you will not be able to taste local food and certainly not be in an unforgettable location. And to look around town - well I think you come for the nature and the mountains Engadin St. Moritz is famous for, and not for the town and designer shopping.

A memorable place to have lunch would certainly be Diavolezza. If you want to go as far as St. Moritz, do this before and return to Bernina Diavolezza then. Also Morteratsch or the alp cheesemaking would be unforgettable, plain nature surrounding you. As this is a fixed day, I would suggest that you keep all the possibiities in mind and decide based on the weather that day what to do. June can always be either already warm or still snowing (as it did yesterday). Re clothing: bring clothes in layers so you can put on and off according to the temperature and bring a windbreaker or at least a disposable plastic raincoat.

Another option would be to get off the train at Pontresina, walk up to the village (or take a bus) and get on the chairlift up to Alp Languard. It's a beautiful view from there and the ride is fun and there is a restaurant with a terrace serving lunch. …stmoritz.ch/sommer/…

Marietta, Georgia
8. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your time and effort.

We are very well informed now:)

greensboro ga
reviews: 6
9. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

We are Atlanta area, Lake Oconee and are going to be in Bellagio for 2 nights. How did you like St. Moritz where did you stay before S.M. any information would be great.

Marietta, Georgia
10. Re: What to do in St Mortiz for 2 hr?

I am not sure how much I can help you. Let me tell you what we did.

We stayed in Milan, got early train ( around 6 AM) to Tirano from where we took Bernina Express. We got ticket for first class to have the best experience, but we were the only people in that car. I am thinking 2nd class may not be much different. We went up to St Moritz, reached there around 12 PM. It started raining so we decided to stay in St Moritz for about 3 hours. Rain cleared in 15 minutes, we strolled around the lake. Beautiful view of the mountain, lake and wild flowers (remarkable!). My daughter (8 Year old) rented a bike and she was enjoying riding. We had our Lunch in Segelclub, which was a pretty decent restaurant. we sat outdoor, beautiful view around..enjoyed it. After lunch we walked further along the lake. We did walk little bit towards the main city, didn't do much. Our return Bernina Express was at 3:22. Alps was very enjoyable, but I was little disappointed that snows were almost all gone. It was beautiful, but didn't look like typical alps..

Hope you got some idea..