We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Moritz stay for 3 night

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
St Moritz stay for 3 night

We shall reach St Moritz by GE in late evening then get 2 full days for leisure .

Pls advise what is the most scenery place that we must visit.

Tks.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 265
1. Re: St Moritz stay for 3 night

You do not state the time of year you will be staying in the area. This is very important to better suggest activities. From your other posts, I suppose this may be in May, thus the off-season in the high mountains. You however have a lot of options also during this time of year. Make sure to choose a hotel participating in the "public transport included" special …stmoritz.ch/sommer/en/bergbahnen-inclusive/

Please tell us more about your interests and what you expect from your holidays to make tailor-made suggestions for you, e.g. sightseeing, high-mountain experience, small villages and farmers hamlets, culture, experiencing local cuisine etc.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: St Moritz stay for 3 night

My wife and I will reach St Moritz in May, 2012.

I didn't know that there are "Public Transport included" before getting your advice. Fortunately, I am booking with Hauser Hotel and it's in the list That you posted. However I don't know if it's really included cos my booking is through Booking.com but not directly from the hotel.

Actually, we prefer to see are, in priority:

1) Famous high mountain experience

2) Sight-seeing

3) Shopping

Perhaps you can provide some of your ideas.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 265
3. Re: St Moritz stay for 3 night

Ok, here we are:

I do not know if the special is included booking on another website, I would suggest you check with them, otherwise cancel and book directly.

Arriving with the Glacier Express you will not be able to do much more the same day, you will be tired and full of impressions. After dinner you could walk to the viewing platform through the parking and some steps along the lake if you want. The village center will still be rather dump with the ongoing street works.

For your two days, check if you have the Bregaglia valley included in your package (the one with the star in the description). This would be a wonderful excursion in May. You would travel along the lake plateau by bus and down the steep and winding Maloja pass road, change bus and go up on to the sunny high plateau to Soglio through chestnut orchards. Soglio is a farmers hamlet and very nice. There is an old castle converted to a hotel with a nice restaurant in a rose garden. On your way back get off at Sils and stroll trought the village before continuing.

On your second day, you could travel on the Bernina line to Alp Grüm, or even all the way down to Poschiavo, nice in Spring as well (you would have to buy Alp Grüm to Poschiavo return, as the pass covers until Alp Grüm. On your way visit Diavolezza for the high mountain experience - there is a terrace restaurant where you can take in the views and the good fresh mountain air. Dress in layers as it is cooler up there in May with the close proximity to snow and ice. Time permitting you could still visit one of the smaller villages in the evening before dinner to get the impression completed.

Well shopping is not that a good idea during off-season: all the designer boutiques St. Moritz is famous for are closed or on skeleton staff and display - stroll throuth the main street anyway for some window-shopping - the closed shops will safe you a heap of money!

Have a look at what might interest you on http://www.engadin.stmoritz.ch/sommer/de/

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: St Moritz stay for 3 night

Dear Engadiner,

Thank you for such a detail plan.

We should have a good experience in St Moritz.

5. Re: St Moritz stay for 3 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 19, 2013