We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice of place to stay and hotel in Swiss Alps

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 35
Choice of place to stay and hotel in Swiss Alps

I will be spending two nights in the swiss alps in beginning jan but am totally confused as to which place to stay in as there are so many of them all around st moritz and also which are the reasonable comfortable hotels with a great location and view.

one has heard so much about st moritz that one night is a must spend there and another i plan for chur. is this the right choice? please suggest and also hotels too! after two days i have to go back to zurich.

thank you

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 265
1. Re: Choice of place to stay and hotel in Swiss Alps

Hi Punit, see my severyl answers to your other post, it's all there.

I would not bother to change hotel and spend one night in the Engadin and one in Chur. Instead spend the two nights in the Engadin so the hotel I mentioned will give you the complimentary card and visit Chur on your you way, it's just a small city and you will have seen the old town in half an hour. Stay in the mountains and in the fresh air.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 26
2. Re: Choice of place to stay and hotel in Swiss Alps

I completely agree with Engadiner: Stay at least 2 nights in Engadine valley. You don't want to take the long journey from Zurich just to return the other day - without having experienced the beautiful surroundings. You should go up to at least one of the local mountain attractions, such as Diavolezza, Muottas Muragl or Corvatsch. Chur is a lovely small town, but really nothing outstanding and in your case not worth to spend the night at.

3. Re: Choice of place to stay and hotel in Swiss Alps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, February 08, 2013