We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Rail Luggage System

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 13
Fly Rail Luggage System

We are flying to Zurich from Edinburgh with BMI. We then have to transfer by train to St Moritz . We have been given Fly Rail luggage tags with out documentation from the travel company but are unsure how this works. Do we have to collect our luggage in Zurich and transfer it to train ourselves or does our luggage go straight throug to St Moritz from Edinburgh.

Kent, England
1. Re: Fly Rail Luggage System

Helen I can confirm that you do not have to collect your cases at the airport. It automatically goes from the plane to the train, your hotel will pick them up from the station and deliver them to your room. They may charge you for this. Depending on hte time of your arrival in Zurich you may have to wait until the following day for the luggage but they will be there early morning On the returnjourney take your cases to the station and check them in, you may also be able to check and get your boarding cards as well and then collect the cases from the carousel at Edinburgh airport. I has worked for me for nearly forty years. Enjoy your holiday. The Swiss Rail web site will tell you more, look for the flyrail page.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 265
2. Re: Fly Rail Luggage System

I always do this, as I dont want the hassle of luggage with train changes. The statement by the previous poster *they may charge you for this" refers only for the hotel collecting the luggage and delivering it to your room, and the better the hotel is, the more it is a service they are doing for you without payment. Other than this you have no further expenditures with this.

3. Re: Fly Rail Luggage System

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 07, 2012