We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Innsbruck to Bernina ride

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Innsbruck to Bernina ride

My family and I are flying into Vienna from Kuala Lumpur. From Vienna, we will take a train to Innsbruck, spend 3 nights in Tyrol, and leave for the Bernina ride.

What is the best route to join the Bernina ride if we would like to take the full ride from Tirano to Chur, and then leave for Paris and London?

Thank you.

Visakhapatnam
reviews: 27
1. Re: Innsbruck to Bernina ride

I suggest you ride the Bernia express from Chur to Tirano and from there take the trains to Paris. You should also plan for overnight stays as both Bernia express and Tirano-Paris journeys are long.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 26
2. Re: Innsbruck to Bernina ride

Chur would be better located tha Tirano for your continuation to Paris (something more than 6 hours journey time vs. more than 10 hours). On the other hand Tirano is difficult to reach from Innsbruck.

So this is what you suggest to you, if you have time enough:

From Innsbruck take a train to Landeck, then bus to Scuol and again train to Samedan or St. Moritz. Spend the night in this lovely area. Next day you could do the southern part of BE to Tirano (or only to Poschiavo as this part is the most scenic) and return to Samedan/St. Moritz for another overnight stay. Take the BE to Chur the following day and continue to Paris.

Kuala Lumpur...
3. Re: Innsbruck to Bernina ride

Thank you very much for both your replies.

I am considering this alternative route :-

Innsbruck to Trento by rail

Trento to Tirano by coach

Any comments?

Thank you.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
4. Re: Innsbruck to Bernina ride

I don't know this coach, but if there is one, why not!

Kuala Lumpur...
5. Re: Innsbruck to Bernina ride

Thank you Oller.

Your recommendation is excellent.

Can you tell me how long the journey would be,

f1) from Innsbruck to Landeck

2) bus from Landeck to Scuol

3) train Scoul to Samedan?

4) Which are the cheaper towns along the Bernina route between St Moritz and Chur?

5) How far is Zuoz or La Punt from the Bernina ride and are they much cheaper than towns along the Bernina route?

6) If I can only spare one night in Switzerland, which town would you recommend and the reasons?

Thank you.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
6. Re: Innsbruck to Bernina ride

For journey times I suggest you check www.rail.ch - even the trains in Austria are included.

Zuoz and La Punt might be a little bit cheaper than St. Moritz. But it always depends on which available hotel you can find. On www.myswitzerland.com there is an overview of hotels and online booking.

I really think that you should spend at least 2 nights in Engadine with the itinerary I suggested. My first choice would probably be Pontresina, because it's A located directly on the BE line, B offers some nice old world charme with its grand hotels, C is surrounded by beautiful landscape, D has a good variety of accommodations.

Milan, Italy
7. Re: Innsbruck to Bernina ride

Hello - I am taking bernina from Torino to St. Moritz. Later (the same day if possible) I would like to rich our hotel in Almazzago? What tranportation can I take if there is any to get to Almazzago?

If impossible, we want to stay in dolomites not so far from Italy.

I appreciate all the responses.

Edited: 5:01 pm, October 25, 2012
8. Re: Innsbruck to Bernina ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, December 15, 2013