We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

couple of hours in Tirano

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san jose, ca
reviews: 55
couple of hours in Tirano

Literally!!! we have 2 hours in Tirano before we take Bernina express to St. Moritz? What should we do. I know its not enought time, That is the reason to ask advise from TA experts. How big is the town? Can we just get out of the station, have lunch, take couple fo pictures, walk around?

Schwyz, Switzerland
reviews: 348
1. Re: couple of hours in Tirano

there are a couple of restaurants near the station and most of the passengers will go there,if weather is ok you can sit outside. No special advice to give its more or less the same everywhere.There is not much to see in Tirano,there is a nice church I think twenty minutes or so from the station,and a few nice shops around the area

Germany
reviews: 3
2. Re: couple of hours in Tirano

The restaurants around the train station are pretty much average pizzerias etc. Not bad but nothing to write home about. I had a good pizza, some red wine and coffee and it was fine.

You have two options for seeing a bit more of the town:

First option is to turn southwest and walk (about 15 minutes I think) the long tree lined street to the pilgrim church Madonna di Tirano. (Should be signposted) It's a nice Renaissance church on a square, you'll pass by with the Bernina Express later. The inside of the church is rather dark and very ornate.

The other option and IMO more enjoyable is to turn northeast to explore the Centro Storico (Old town). It's a typical Italian old town, some interesting architecture here and there, but again nothing to write home about. At least you can do some window shopping.

3. Re: couple of hours in Tirano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 29, 2009