We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Soldenella or Monopol?

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 11
Hotel Soldenella or Monopol?

HI,

I am undecided about where to stay for 2 nights at St Moritz in December. I am currently deciding between Hotel Soledenella and Monopol. Any can advise which s better?

Or are there any other recommendations? My budget is about 300-350CHF per room per night. Thanks.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 264
1. Re: Hotel Soldenella or Monopol?

Hi LittleMay

Both hotels are very nice, quite different in style. The Monopol is - as I already explained to you in your previous post - in the center, the bus stations and mouintain transports are just at your door step, in the shopping and pedestrian zone on the other front. This is a very nice hotel, perhaps a little bit as you imagine older hotels from films. They have a nice wellness on the roof. There is a good restaurant in the hotel.

The Soldanella (this is the correct spelling) is close to the center, but some steps outside the whole hustle and bustle around christmas time, just a short stroll. Most of their rooms to the lake/mountains. It is also an older hotel, family owned and you feel it, they take care of you. They as well have a spa, and they offer half board, but have no restaurant open to the public as far as I know.

Both hotels will have the Christmas feeling you are looking for, with a christmas tree etc. and a Christmas dinner.

There are of course a lot of hotels coming up to your inquiry, but the problem will be to find accomodation for only 2 nights, as most hotels take for only 7 nights during the holiday season. You could perhaps also have a look at the hotel Steffani or Schweizerhof, also in the center, with rooms with a view and good restaurants.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
2. Re: Hotel Soldenella or Monopol?

I just found an offer from the Hotel San Gian for 3 nights December 23-26, including half board, horsedrawn carriage ride and different extras. see www.sangian.ch

Singapore
reviews: 11
3. Re: Hotel Soldenella or Monopol?

Thanks Hedy,

How would you compare Schweizorhof to Monopol?

And which has more newly renovated rooms?

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Hotel Soldenella or Monopol?

They are both in the same cathegory and both in a central location and both have recently been remodeled. The Monopol is an older hotel in the main shopping street of St. Moritz. The Schweizerhof has different rooms, one part towards the mountain - those are sometimes rather noisy during the night, as this is where nightlife takes place, specially on weekends during season. The other has lake and mountain view. I would prefer those. The Schweizerhof has a good restaurant and 3 lively bars, something for everybody, on a country music, one THE after ski meeting point Stübli, and a Piano bar. My personal choice would be the Schweizerhof, but not that the Monopol is not as good, just a personal preference.

5. Re: Hotel Soldenella or Monopol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 07, 2009