We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation in Switzerland Need Help!!!

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hollywood Florida
Family vacation in Switzerland Need Help!!!

I am planning to spend 2 or 3 days in a small typical and charming mountain village the first week of april, my kids are 5 and 9 years old.

I am looking for a place with :Good weather(SUN!!!) and nice views

children ski school near the hotel

outdoor ice skating rink

tobogganning

good hotels and restaturants

I am thinking betwwen WENGEN , MURREN,ST MORITZ, ZERMATT, SAAS FEE. ....Can anyone help me please??Thank you!!!!

Indiana
reviews: 1
11. Re: Family vacation in Switzerland Need Help!!!

Hello. My husband and I will travel with another couple to Sils. We have hiked briefly in this area and find it beautiful. We would like to stay in Sils, Sils Fex area. Can someone recommend the best hotel (not stuffy, warm and clean)? We are also thinking of Pontresina instead. Would love advice on specific hotels there. Have looked at several websites, but cannot always tell with few reviews. We will come from Soglio and stay in one of these areas 2 nights before moving onto Como area.

Please advise.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
reviews: 265
12. Re: Family vacation in Switzerland Need Help!!!

Hi Europehikers

Sils and Pontresina are two completely different parts of our valley and you could spend a long time hiking in either of part. As you are arriving from Soglio and are going back to Como, Sils would be on the way. There is a whealth of nice and romantic hotels (totally 17) in Sils (www.sils.ch). You did not mention which cathegory of hotels you are looking for. In Sils I would recommend the Chesa Randolina (www.randolina.ch), a former farmers house converted into a hotel under family management (most of them are in Sils) with beautiful views over the lake. If you prefer the Fex valley (more isolated, you would be confined to your hotel e.g. for dinner - but most hotels are halfboard anyway), there is the Hotel Sonne in Fex (www.hotel-sonne-fex.ch), a really nice hotel, or very far into the valley, where the road ends and the hiking trail to the glacier begins, the traditional hotel Fex (www.hotelfex.ch), an oasis of tranquility as soon as the day tourists have left. At the beginning of the valley, there is the romantic hotel Chesa Pool (www.chesapool.ch). All those hotels - as also the others in Sils - are very good Please mind that the Fex valley is closed for traffic, means only horsedrawn carriages and the hotels shuttle bus are allowed. Sils is perfect for hiking. Don't miss the Fuorcla Surlej with a breathtaking view of the near mountains.

13. Re: Family vacation in Switzerland Need Help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 02, 2009