We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

Which Chur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

Hi,

I will be visiting Falera near Chur from Aug 25 to Sept 06. I was planning to visit Paris on Aug 31-Sept 01 weekend.

Could you please suggest me a cheap flight from nearby airports? or a train journey may be through scenic roads?

Thanks in advance.

Bests,

Kazi

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
reviews: 6
1. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

Hi, there are no flights between Chur and Paris but there are trains. You would take a train to Zurich and then to Paris. The train timetables are available in English on the Swiss Rail website

www.sbb.ch/en

It takes about 5.5 hours in total. The fares are also available on this website.

Hope this helps.

Zurich, Switzerland
2. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

I live in Falera...it's a small village at the end of a mountain road. The only public transport is by bus. The closest airport is Zurich. Falera to the Zurich airport takes about 3 hours. Falera to Paris by train takes 7 hours.

I can recommend a scenic alternate route to Falera that doesn't take much more time and takes you into the beautiful Canyon of the Rhine...part of the famous "Glacier Express" route. The normal route is Zurich to Chur, then bus to Laax and Falera. The scenic route is train to Chur, then train to Ilanz (canyon route) then bus from Ilanz to Falera.

Abu Dhabi, United...
3. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

Thank you for your kind replies. Much appreciated :)

The trains from Zurich to Paris seems a little expensive. Is there any cheap alternate?

Thanks.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
4. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

Not really and no since you arae making a weekend trip so some time saving will be helpful.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
5. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

> Is there any cheap alternate?

Yes - booking as early as possible.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
6. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

Can they still get a discount just 12 days in advance? The prem tickets are usually long gone by now but it's worth trying to book now

Abu Dhabi, United...
7. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

Thanks folks. appreciate that.

I think I will wait till I reach there. It seems that the online booking is not saving me much, its already expensive.

Cheers :)

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
8. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

Then you risk not getting a seat at all for the final leg to Paris. Just look at the prices and availabilities for tomorrow and compare.

Lucerne, Switzerland
9. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

.> I think I will wait till I reach there.

That would be the worst idea of all, if you really want to go to Paris on that date. Currently, the cheapest fare from Chur to Paris is € 112.60, though not on Saturday 31 Aug, but on Sunday 1 Sept at 6:06 !

The currently most expensive is € 188.60 and you can expect that the fare will be at least as expensive just before travel time! Well, SBB's part of the fare will not change (Chur - Zurich), but the TGV fare for sure. Currently, weekend travels are expensive, since many working Swiss do a weekend at Paris as well, besides that your travel date is in the middle of the peak tourist season.

The best fares overview you get on voyages-sncf.com

And consider this, you pay let's say € 130.- for 780km in only 5.5h. IMHO this is still an extremly cheap way to travel.

Edited: 2:21 pm, August 19, 2013
Lucerne, Switzerland
10. Re: Flight/Train from Chur/Nearby to Paris

... sorry, € 188 is for the night train via Köln, not advisable.

Standard fare is around € 160.