We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this expensive or good value ?

Which Wengen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Croydon
reviews: 25
Is this expensive or good value ?

Hi guys

Would you consider CHF3'290.00 including transfers,half board for two people for 10 days expensive during August in Wengen ? When I convert from Swiss francs to British Pounds it seems it is....It is a 4 star hotel if that helps...I am trying to convince my husband that it would be good value.....I have heard that Switzerland is expensive but am interested in your views...

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
1. Re: Is this expensive or good value ?

That works out at around £100 per person per night for the hotel. You could pay that for a 4 star in Bournemouth and I know where I would rather stay!

Croydon
2. Re: Is this expensive or good value ?

I like your thinking Swissaholic ! Thank you..I am convinced....

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 28
3. Re: Is this expensive or good value ?

Hi Ambersmum675,

You should also keep in mind that an evening meal will likely cost around 30-50 chf per person -- so that brings the lodging down to around 115 chf per person --

Have fun as you plan!

s

Croydon
4. Re: Is this expensive or good value ?

Yes , the evening meal element is CHF29 each 5 course, it does take out the worry of what to eat and where.. so I think that is good value...

Southport, United...
5. Re: Is this expensive or good value ?

Have a look on a website such as Inghams Lakes and Mountains as they may have the same hotel and you could compare their price with what you have been offered. They will include the air fare as well.

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
reviews: 155
6. Re: Is this expensive or good value ?

I think it's either ok/good value or great value depending on the quality of the hotel and food. 4* means many different standards. But it's not expensive for Switzerland (or elsewhere as Swissaholic points out).

Croydon
7. Re: Is this expensive or good value ?

Marmott12, thank you for that idea. I did exactly that, and I am happy that I did the comparison. I did the sums and it worked out cheaper. I am happy now to go ahead and plan my holiday to Switzerland.I love the research lol ! Thanks :)

8. Re: Is this expensive or good value ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 22, 2014