We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Friday, question on weather

Which Wengen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 16
Arriving Friday, question on weather

We are arriving Friday afternoon (Aug.23) for 6 nights in Wengen, then headed for Lucerne for 2 nights, before heading back to the Zurich Airport.

Looking at the 7-10 day weather forecasts (knowing things change), it looks as though we may only have 1-2 days that are clear, with the remainder with mist/rain/ and cloud cover. Looks like Sunday may even have 1/2 to 1 inch of rain.

I am looking at our rainy day/inclement weather back up plan, which includes going to Bern, Thun Lake, the Aare Gorge, and waterfalls at Lauterbrunen. Any other suggestions that I might put in our back up plan that you can suggest, that would be reasonable day tripping distance from Wengen since it will be the base?

Thanks.

Edited: 3:04 pm, August 20, 2013
Wrexham, United...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Arriving Friday, question on weather

Although it's no good in heavy rain, if the rain is only light or intermittent then Ballenburg may be a good option. Even though it's spread out over a large area of countryside, there are a large number of historic buildings you can pop in and out of. I've visited Ballenburg several times now, and much prefer visiting when it's cooler with light or intermittent rain rather than when it's baking hot

2. Re: Arriving Friday, question on weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 23, 2014