We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking in summer

Which Wengen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
hiking in summer

I am planning a trip to Europe this summer and would like to do some hiking in the Alps. I would like to spend maybe 2 nights in an alpine area where I can hike on mountain paths with cows and wild flowers and get away from houses and stores. I know very little about what is available and have just begun my research. I would also like to see the high peaks (without a strenuous climb). I am thinking that Wengen may be an area of interest, but I can go anywhere at this point. My wife and I enjoy moderate mountain hikes and getting away from commercial areas and lots of people. I also don't know if May is too early and if September is too late because of snow. At this point I am open to any time and location plans.

If anyone can give me any guidance and ideas for my trip, it would be greatly appreciated.

30 replies to this topic
BARCELONA.SPAIN
reviews: 23
21. Re: hiking in summer

As ozzie2010 has talked about my pictures, here is the link, if you like to have a look:

www.pbase.com/joseantonio/suiza&page=all

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
reviews: 30
22. Re: hiking in summer

HI Goletabeach,

Three weeks in Wengen, good choice! You need to send me a private message with your email address, that's the only way I can get the document to you. See reply #17 above in this thread for instructions on how to do that.

Mumbai,India
reviews: 17
23. Re: hiking in summer

Can i please request for the document with information on the hikes to be sent to snehal.ag@gmail.com

London, United...
24. Re: hiking in summer

Thanks sounds great suggestions for my stay in Wengen this August

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
reviews: 30
25. Re: hiking in summer

Once again, pls see post 17 for instructions on how to receive my document via email. It can't be delivered any other way

Good travels everyone!

Boston MA
reviews: 10
26. Re: hiking in summer

Jose Antonio- your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Ashland
reviews: 2
27. Re: hiking in summer

Hi kimsanjosee,

I also would be interested in receiving your document as I will be staying in Wengen for 4 days

in September. I would be thankful if you would send it to chrisrwegner@gmail.com.

Special thanks,

Chris Wegner

High Point, North...
reviews: 8
28. Re: hiking in summer

Planning a trip summer 2014. will follow the directions above to get a copy of the report.

Edited: 8:41 pm, October 14, 2013
Wengen, Switzerland
29. Re: hiking in summer

Hello Duckhill,

So glad to read that you will visit us next year.

Just to give you the official links for Wengen. www.wengen.ch that's the official homepage of Wengen Tourism.

And don't worry, we can offer you very easy hiking trails or even technical difficult trails. It' up to you :).

You also can get many information on our official facebook: www.facebook.com/WengenLauberhorn or on Twitter: www.twitter.com/WengenSwiss

See you soon and best regards from the Tourist Center Wengen

Rolf

Waterbury Center...
30. Re: hiking in summer

Hi. Thank you for your entry. My family of 4, will be in Switzerland for a week in early September. I love wildflowers... Would love to see your recommendations. Please send your document when you have a moment. Thanks so much for your generousity.

Best, Juliet Barash

julietbarash@hotmail.com

Reply to: hiking in summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted