We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Trail Suggestions

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Hiking Trail Suggestions

Hello everyone,

I will be in Murren this coming week and I would like to do some hiking.

Can anyone suggest me some good hiking trails? I prefer easy/moderate longish/day hike but anything shorter is fine.

Also, hows the weather been lately in around Murren? I'm currently traveling around Europe and I've been getting a lot of rain!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
reviews: 23
21. Re: Hiking Trail Suggestions

That circle makes for a great day. The views are stunning and the hiking is fairly easy. We took a full day but hiked the entire thing, other than from Lauterbrunnen up to Grutschalp, and we spent some time in Murren waiting to see if the weather was going to clear up so we could go up to Schilthorn.

I'd recommend the cable car up to Grutschalp, hike to Murren, after exploring Murren hike down to Gimmelwald, walk around Gimmelwald, then the cable car down to Stechelberg (the hike from Gimmelwald is quite a bit downhill and a lot of it is in in the trees, nice but not that amazing compared to the views in the other sections), then hike through the valley to Lauterbrunnen.

22. Re: Hiking Trail Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:10 am, April 19, 2012
Edited: 10:10 am, April 19, 2012
Wilmington, North...
reviews: 22
23. Re: Hiking Trail Suggestions

Perfect! Thank you very much for taking your time to reply.

24. Re: Hiking Trail Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, June 19, 2013