We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Murren late at night.

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Transport to Murren late at night.

We are arriving in Zurich in the afternoon of 3rd October 2011 and then catching a train which will arrive in Interlaken at 20.54 pm.

When I look at the website www.sbb.ch and typed in From Interlaken to Murren BLM the latest train we can get is 20:02. Am I reading this correct? When I type in Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen I can get a train at 21:02 which arrives in Lauterbrunnen at 21:22.

Firstly, will 8 mins be enough time for us to make this connection?

Secondly, once we get to Lauterbrunnen will the Cable Car be operating that late up to Murren?

I have looked at various questions about transport to Murren and have been unable to determine if arriving this late is doable.

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 3
1. Re: Transport to Murren late at night.

You will be fine. The transfer time in Interlaken is OK. When arriving in Lauterbrunnen walk across the street and catch the bus for Stechelberg. The bus to Stechelberg is about 12 minutes. This will take you to the cable car station for Gimmelwald and then to Murren. Leaving Interlaken Ost at 21:02 you will arrive in Murren LSMS (cable car station) at 22:05. The train station, Murren BLM, is at one end of town, and the cable car station, Murren LSMS, is at the other end. It takes about 10-12 minutes to walk from one end of Murren to the other. Have a great trip. You will love Murren.

Australia
2. Re: Transport to Murren late at night.

Thank you so much for this information. Everything is really clear now. I must admit I was a little concerned but now I'm much happier.

We are so looking forward to our little stay in Murren. 4 nights. Not long I know but better than nothing. Our first time in Switzerland.

A big thank you to all those who have posted information. It has made planning this trip a wonderful experience. Can't wait to get there.

Strasbourg, France
reviews: 6
3. Re: Transport to Murren late at night.

Hello,

There are 2 ways to get from Lauterbrunnen to Murren:

OPTION 1: Cablecar from Lauterbrunnen to Grütschalp and a short train ride from Grütschalp to Mürren. The last connection using this option leaves Lauterbrunnen at 20.31 to arrive at Mürren at 20:51

OPTION 2: Bus from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg and cablecar from Stechelberg to Mürren via Gimmelwald. I queried the sbb.ch database and have some possible connections for you after 21:22, your arrival time in Lauterbrunnen

Dep Lauterbrunnen: 21:35

Arr Stechelberg: 21:47

Dep Stechelberg: 21:55

Arr Murren 22:05

the last connection of the day:

Dep Lauterbrunnen: 23:28

Arr Stechelberg: 23:40

Dep Stechelberg: 23:45

Arr Murren 23:55

I strongly recommend that you make it to the 21:35 departure from Lauterbrunnen.

When you arrive at Lauterbrunnen station, cross the road over to the busstop. This is located a few yards from the cable car station.

In one of my earlier posts, I have attached a picture of this busstop and cable car station.

Cheers

V. Suresh

Strasbourg, France

Cape Town, Western...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Transport to Murren late at night.

Thanks vishwanathansuresh! I slso arrive late in lauterbrunnen and was worried that i wouldnt make the 20.30 connection and was thinking of spending the night in lauterbrunnen. So pleased there is an alternative!

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
5. Re: Transport to Murren late at night.

Click on 'Timetable Stechelberg – Gimmelwald – Mürren – Schilthorn (incl. BLM from Lauterbrunnen)' at this link to download a pdf timetable.

schilthorn.ch/en/timetable-tariffs/timetable/

6. Re: Transport to Murren late at night.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 25, 2013