We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax
transportation

Hi. We will be staying in Murren on May 25 and 26 and would anyone please let me know if there is any transportation available from the train station to the hotels in Murren. We do not have a car.

Thank You for any assistance

Trev

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
reviews: 4
1. Re: transportation

You can't take a car to Murren even if you had one. It's car free. Some of the hotels will provide transport from the train or lift station for you and your bags. Inquire when you make your reservation.

Halifax
2. Re: transportation

Thank you for your help

Trev

Cambs
reviews: 41
3. Re: transportation

If you stay at the Hotel Eiger or the Eiger Guesthouse the distance from the station is a few feet - the other side of the road. Some hotels have buggies/vans that collect from the station. Otherwise, hotels are largely within 10 minutes walk along the main street.

Halifax
4. Re: transportation

Thanks. I will check on that hotel.

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 3
5. Re: transportation

Murren is delightful but not very large. You can walk from one end of town to the other, with a roller suitcase, in 10-12 minutes. We have enjoyed eating at the Steiger Stubli in the center of the village. There is a post office and a co-op market that usually has good fruit for snacks...all on the lower "road". The train arrives at one end of the village and the cable car comes in at the other. Have a great trip.

Halifax
6. Re: transportation

Thanks for the information, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Boston
reviews: 40
7. Re: transportation

I would inquire with your hotel if they have an electric luggage cart.

Many do.

If they do not or even if they do, I would also inquire if they are closer to the cable car or from the train.

There are 2 ways to reach Murren from Lauterbrennen and they are on opposite sides of the town so while the town itself is tiny your hotel may be merely steps from one of the stations.

One takes a bus to another town and then the Shilthorn cable car up, the other takes a cable car up and then you must change to a train which takes you to Murren.

There will not be snow in Murren at this time of year and so your walk even with luggage likely would not be too bad.

As I mentioned the town/village is tiny from one end to the other is about a 10 minute walk or less so don't worry too much.

Halifax
8. Re: transportation

Now that I know that Murren is a small town we should have no trouble with our luggage.

Thanks for your information.

9. Re: transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 23, 2012