We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muerren to Slovenia

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
reviews: 40
Muerren to Slovenia

Planning a trip in May that hopefully can get me from Muerren to Slovenia, the trip is purely sightseeing and enjoying this part of the world.

I am hoping from the time I leave Muerren I would have 3 days in Slovenia before heading to Split then Taking in the Croatian islands on the way to Dubrovnik.

Appreciate some suggestions.

France
reviews: 9
1. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

I would head into Austria and get to Slovenia via Klagenfurt (rather than along the Italian coast via Trieste). You could have a stop off in Salzburg and then go to Bled.

Train times on www.rail.ch

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
2. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

Seems like an awful lot of train travel to me...you might want to look into flying from Zurich to Slovenia.

sydney
3. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

Thank you for you help.

sydney
4. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

I guess Muerren to Zurich by train? Is it a direct trip? Thanks for your help.

France
reviews: 9
5. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

You have to change - there are a few different routes, check on www.rail.ch to find the one that fits your plan.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
6. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

You will need to go downby téléphérique from Mürren to Lauterbrunnen, then change to the train for Interlaken Ost. Change there again either for Luzern OR Bern. Then on to Zurich. Use the sbb website for details, times, prices etc: www.sbb.ch/en

sydney
7. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

Thanks for that information, I will start researching the timetables but off the top of your head do you think it is feasible to do in a day or is it a lot of hassle?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
8. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

I think it would be a terrible trip to do in a day - IF you could do it in one day... Unless you fly from Zurich to Slovenia, which might need a connection somewhere. I suppose if you wanted to go by train you would have to go via Italy - Milano to Trieste and then on, or as previously mentioned, Zurich to Klagenfurt. Not something I would care to do by train!

sydney
9. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

Thank you Martigny, I will re think my itinerary.

10. Re: Muerren to Slovenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 06, 2012