We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murren

Which Murren hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Murren

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Berner Oberland in mid October. Has the floods impacted the Murren area? Also, any idea on how to get in touch with Chalet Fontana to make a reservation. I can't find a phone number anywhere?

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
reviews: 243
1. Re: Murren

Denise Fussell at Chalet Fontana can be reached via email at chaletfontana@muerren.ch

You will be shocked at the affordability of this place. It's one of the most wonderful places we've ever stayed. Murren itself is not especially convenient if you're planning on using it as a base camp (although it is stunningly beautiful). But if you are just exploring the Lauterbrunnen Valley area and Interlaken areas (including Thun and Brienz) then I think it's a good place. Chalet Fontana's good prices more than offset the inconvenience of Murren as base.

San Francisco, CA
reviews: 34
2. Re: Murren

Just returned from a great vacation in Switerland with six wonderful days in Murren. While flooding did not affect Murren (it's up in the mountains), it did affect some of the train routes in getting there. For example, we took the Golden Pass from the Montreux area and wanted to take it to Interlakken (and connect to Murren from there). However, we could only take the Golden Pass part of the way (beautiful!) and had to take a few alternate methods to get to Interlakken (the main hub).

It was easy and there were many travelers doing the exact same thing. Transportation in Switzerland is VERY easy and understandable (they can give you print outs of the exact times and what train track you leave from) - so it's no sweat getting around the flooded areas.

Just so you know, they didn't expect the flooding repairs to be fixed until around November 2005.

Minneapolis
3. Re: Murren

Thank you all for your comments. You have been extremely helpful! I am sure there will be more questions from me! I am booking the Chalet Fontana now!