We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is more beautiful - Gelmersee or Reichenbach falls ?

Which Meiringen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 21
Which is more beautiful - Gelmersee or Reichenbach falls ?

Hi,

During one of our excursion from Wengen, we intend to visit Aare Gorge and take a cruise on Lake Brienz. We want to add one more sight in our excursion for thsi day and have zeroed down on Gelmersee and Reichenbach falls.

Reichenbach falls is fairly easy to do without bothering about the time in the watch but Gelmersee would do some planning and some deference to time.

We will have just more than 2 hours between the time we reach Handeck thru postbus and take our bus back (Arrive: 1:19 / Dep: 3:35pm) . First of all am not sure if that is sufficient time to visit Gelmersee as time spent waiting for Funicular and taking the ride may actually just an hour up at the lake (and that's my guess - may be less probably someone can confirm).

Two, if indeed we can practically visit Gelmersee , then which of the two - Gelmersee or Reichenbach falls - should we include in our trip. More scenic the better but is Gelmersee worth all the effort.

Am not a great fan of keep looking at my watch on a holiday but in my experience discipline on holidays does pay some times through spectecular sights. So, just wanted to be sure if Gelmersee is one such sight.

Will greatly appreciate your inputs

Southport UK
1. Re: Which is more beautiful - Gelmersee or Reichenbach falls ?

I think it might be a bit of a squeeze to fit in a trip to Gelmersee. The falls are very doable in connection with the Aare Gorge.

In Meiringen you could take the cable cars all the way up to the top at Planplatten which on a clear day has wonderful views. It's a cable car from Meiringen to Reuti then a gondolabahn to Magisalp and a further gondolabahn to Planplatten.

Singapore
reviews: 21
2. Re: Which is more beautiful - Gelmersee or Reichenbach falls ?

Thanks Gibel. I know its definitely a squeeze.

But from the pics Gelmersee looks beautiful so wanted to know if its something worth squeezing.

3. Re: Which is more beautiful - Gelmersee or Reichenbach falls ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, December 01, 2010