We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling from Meiringen to Brienz

Which Meiringen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 1
Cycling from Meiringen to Brienz

I'm planning an active vacation for my family this summer, kids ages are 13, 15 and 17. On one portion of the trip we would like to cycle from Meiringen to Brienz, it appears to be about 26 km on a relatively flat route. What I can't find out on the internet, is the type of roads we would be travelling on. Can a large part of this route be done on a car free road/bike path? With the ages of the children we are concerned about the vehicle traffic that would be encountered. If you have any information on roads/cycling on this route, I would appreciate your thaiughts. Thanks.

bern
1. Re: Cycling from Meiringen to Brienz

www.veloland.ch/en gives you all information about cycling in Switzerland. They also have a very good map http://map.veloland.ch/?lang=en Their routes use small roads with not much traffic.

Southport UK
2. Re: Cycling from Meiringen to Brienz

The route takes you along the backs roads through some small hamlets. You will encounter a few cars and farm vehicles and possibly the local bus. It is a designated cycle route but not solely for bikes. It is flat!! You can then take your bikes onto the train to continue your journey or return to Meiringen.

toronto
reviews: 1
3. Re: Cycling from Meiringen to Brienz

Thank You for the help.

4. Re: Cycling from Meiringen to Brienz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, October 19, 2010