We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

New Delhi, India
reviews: 4
Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

Hi,

I will be travelling with my wife to Jungfraujoch and same day return to Zurich in April 2014 ( We will leave by first train leaving at 6:02 AM)

Kindly advise which of the following 3 passes offer the best rate how will be final amount that I will have to pay finally against each pass while travelling to Jungfraujoch.

SWISS PASS

SWISS FLEXI PASS

SWISS HALF FARE CARD

Also Advise how is the weather in Early April.

Thank you

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 98
1. Re: Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

You need to do the maths yourself. Only you knows what you plans are and the trips you will be doing. You need to look at the SBB web site and work it out. Just make sure the fare doesn't default to the half fare price.

This is the only way and I have done this myself several times.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
2. Re: Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

The answer is the same as for your previous post. You have the links to the sites to be able to do the price comparisons.

Jungfraujoch has permanent snow. It will be cold. It matters little what time of year you visit. Only go if it is clear. Check out this webcam.

panocam.skiline.cc/jungfraujoch

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
3. Re: Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

Realize you will be spending at least 9 hours on trains to get to the Jungfraujoch and back on this day. And when you leave Zurich you will have no idea what the weather will be like at the Jungfrau. You could arrive and be in total cloud cover unable to see anything. I would recommend rethinking this trip. Maybe heading to something closer like Mt Titlus instead.

Adelaide
reviews: 199
4. Re: Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

Jungfraujoch just can't be done from Zurich. It's too far. It can't even be done realistically from Lucerne, although that question pops up with monotonous regularity on these forums. If you want to go up a mountain, pick one that's closer to Zurich.

New Delhi, India
5. Re: Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

Following are my calculations. Request you all to validate the same.

Prices for a ticket from Zurich to the Jungfraujoch and return:

Full fare: CHF 331.60

With Swiss Pass or a free travel day of the Swiss Flexi Pass: CHF 122.25

With Swiss Half Fare Card: CHF 165.80

If were drop the idea of going to Jungfraujoch. Which of the following would you suggest in Early April from Zurich

Mt. Pilatus

Mt. Rigi

Mt. Titlis

Stanserhorn

We are in our late 20s and would love to visit a place which has natural beauty and is not too crowded.

New Delhi, India
6. Re: Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

We will also be visiting Zermatt for 1 day.

kindly suggest how to visit Matterhorn from there?

Is there a cable car and how much time does it take to return back to Zermatt using this cable car option along with cost for the same (with swiss pass)?

If were drop the idea of going to Jungfraujoch. Which of the following would you suggest in Early April from Zurich

Mt. Pilatus

Mt. Rigi

Mt. Titlis

Stanserhorn

We are in our late 20s and would love to visit a place which has natural beauty and is not too crowded.

New Delhi, India
7. Re: Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts. Me and my wife had great time last week in Switzerland and we greatly benefited by your tips.

Thank you again.

8. Re: Travel to Switzerland in April - Which pass to select

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 25, 2015