We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Pass/Flexi pass/Family card

Brisbane, Australia
Swiss Pass/Flexi pass/Family card

Hi

My plan to go through the following cities/towns during my 4 day stay in Switzerland- Zurich, Bern, Lucern,Interlaken,Lauterbrunnen valley, Wengen, Mannlichen and Jungfrau.

Transports we will be using are mainly trains between towns, one boat tour either in Interlaken or in Lucerne and one mountain Jungfrau.

Can you tell me which pass would be best suited. We are a family with one child under 5yrs.

Thanks

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
1. Re: Swiss Pass/Flexi pass/Family card

Hi maxi_10,

i am afraid you will have to first work out an itinerary - with barely 4 days on hand,then check the fares for your journeys and then compare the total cost with either the Half Fare Card or Swiss Saver Pass,to find out the most economic.

The Swiss Pass has its plus points - free travel in most cities,some free museums ,lake cruises and some others, but on the Jungfraujoch trip Wengen onwards it gives a 25% discount whereas the HFC gives a 50% discount on all travel including Wengen to Jungfraujoch.

Hence,you are the best judge of your places to cover and sights to see and you alone can decide the best Card or Pass which suits your itinerary.

Your child travels free.

Check out all train schedules and fares here ( for calculations and itinerary planning ) -

http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?

Have fun.

arvind

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 132
2. Re: Swiss Pass/Flexi pass/Family card

IF you decide on a pass, don't have it sent to Oz -- you can buy it when you arrive here at any station. If they send it to you they will charge you extra!!

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: Swiss Pass/Flexi pass/Family card

Thanks for that Hambagahle. I plan to buy the pass once i arrive at Zurich

4. Re: Swiss Pass/Flexi pass/Family card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 31, 2014