We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

switzerland

Destin, Florida
switzerland

hey we plan a trip to europe in the end of october and frst week of nov....and we are very keen on visiting switzerland. is it advisable to go there...? will all the places to visit like jungfrauh, interlaken glacier express be open during this time...?how would be the weather during this time period...?please let me know?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
1. Re: switzerland

Glacier Express stops running on 29 oct this year. But you can take normal trains over the same route, with changes in Andermatt, Disentis and Chur...

Jungfraujoch is open year round. Interlaken is a boring city on the plain and not worth visiting anyway unless you are there to change trains. Most mountain resorts will be very very quiet at that time of year with many hotels closed.

Weather - we are sliding into winter at that time. Cold and wet on the plain with a lot of fog. If it is wet on the plain it is snowing in the mountains. And the mountains are generally above the fog, once you get to 1400m or so. Frnkly there are much better times to be here - September and early October for one!

reviews: 1
2. Re: switzerland

I personally like interlaken.its what u feel different from back home.if u want to shop n take a boat cruise n going up to jundfrau.thats the base.its not a very big town but its now small either.a lotsa eateries.no high building unlike lucerne.beautiful town with lakes n rivers over viewed by mountains n hills around.

3. Re: switzerland

I personally like interlaken.its what u feel different from back home.if u want to shop n take a boat cruise n going up to jundfrau.thats the base.its not a very big town but its now small either.a lotsa eateries.no high building unlike lucerne.beautiful town with lakes n rivers over viewed by mountains n hills around.

4. Re: switzerland

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
5. Re: switzerland

Wow! You must really like Interlaken to post the same post three times about it!

For anyone who has not been there it is important to point out that it is not on a lake, but on the Aar river that runs between lakes Brienz and Thun. And if you want tacky cafés and restaurants (someone said there is a "Hooters" though I, happily, have not experienced that!!) it is a good place to go. The Americans have an adjective which I would apply to Interlaken - "schlocky".

Kent, England
6. Re: switzerland

Hambagahle I agree in part and also disagree. If you only see the main street then yes it could be described as somewhat tacky. Off the main street it is a rather nice town, I'm thinking of the Matten and Unterseen areas and along the walk by the river between the lakes. However each to their own.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
7. Re: switzerland

Exactly! To each, his own - and we should be glad about that or places that some person thinks are wonderful and un-discovered would be flooded with people!! But I have to say that even the residential areas of Interlaken strike me as "unkempt" when compared with similar areas in other towns. There is one thing I really do like though!! - the confiserie at Schuh!

8. Re: switzerland

Sorry..the system screwed up.its nice when u have not experience it.

9. Re: switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, December 15, 2013