We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doing Laundry in Austria/Switzerland

Indiana
Doing Laundry in Austria/Switzerland

Guten Tag

We are a family of 5 touring Austria/Switzerland for 3 weeks. We are trying not to pack too many clothes for our trip. Are there public laundromats that are easy to use in Ruette, or in most towns where we could stop and do our laundry every 5 or 6 days?? Should we just get directions from the hotels where we stay???

Lori G U.S.A.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
reviews: 4
1. Re: Doing Laundry in Austria/Switzerland

Can't speak for anywhere else but I know of at least two laundramats in Interlaken and Camping Jungfrau in Lauterbrunnen has quite a few coin operated machines.

I would think asking at your hotels would be the best idea.

ottawa
reviews: 57
2. Re: Doing Laundry in Austria/Switzerland

i know of one laundromat in lauterbrunnen, in the valley hostel.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Doing Laundry in Austria/Switzerland

Yes, we had our laundry done by our hotel in Zermatt, but found that there was a public laundry down the street that looked just fine. The hotel that we stayed in in Grindelwals had a coin laundry in the basement. You could even ask the hotels ahead of time and know before you go.

Good luck.

The Happy Traveler

4. Re: Doing Laundry in Austria/Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 05, 2009