We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day trip to swiss.

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
3 day trip to swiss.

Earlier I was thiking of visiting swiss over the weekend but now I am planning for a 3 day trip(fri, sat, sun) and I am thinking of Lucerne and Interlaken.

i) My understaning is a beautiful place to stay on. Any suggestions rfor this? I am not a big fan of snow or skiing but like to visit scenic places. Also if Wengen is a car free town, is there any place in interlaken to park my car?

ii) At interlaken.ch, they have jungfrouch packages which includes hotel stay as well as ticket for Jungrouch top. Any recommendations on this?

iii) Suggestions of visiting lucerne or lousanne?

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
reviews: 4
1. Re: 3 day trip to swiss.

If you are only going to be there for three days I'd reccommend picking one place or the other.

If you want to see the Jungfraujoch then one of the packages would be fine. If you want to see Wengen then stay in Wengen. If you are only going to be in the country for the three days then getting a car won't do you a lot of good. A short term Swiss pass should take care of all your transportation needs. If you do end up with a car you can park it in the Lauterbrunnen car park in the valley before you take the train up to Wengen. In Wengen I reccommend the Hotel Schoenegg.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 28
2. Re: 3 day trip to swiss.

Hi indie_visitor,

I wonder if you mean 3 days in country or 3 days total for your trip; I also wonder if you mean 3 days total for Europe, or if you're going on to somewhere else in Europe after spending 3 days in Switzerland.

If you mean that you're taking a 3-day trip to Europe/Switzerland from Chicago, I'm afraid I'm going to be a big wet blanket. You'll leave Chicago on Thursday night and arrive in Switzerland on Friday morning; after a train ride or a drive of 3h30, you'll arrive in Wengen on Friday afternoon with enough time to stretch your legs and poke around the town. On Saturday morning you can do the Jungfraujoch, then take the train/drive back to Zurich because your flight will leave early on Sunday morning.

If you are really intent on taking a quick European weekend, I suggest you stay in Luzern, which is only an hour from Zurich and which will give you a good taste of Switzerland with its lakes & mountains.

If you're not returning to Chicago on Sunday, let us know what your whole itinerary is and we can give you better advice.

s

Chicago
3. Re: 3 day trip to swiss.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I live in Chicago but on a 3 months business trip to Germany. So my plan is to reach wengen area by friday night, spend full fri, sat, sun until evening.

Hope this helps.

4. Re: 3 day trip to swiss.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 14, 2009