We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days trip to Switzerland

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 3
3 days trip to Switzerland

Helo,

We are planning a Europe tour for around a week. we are planning to visit london, paris and switz. Planning a 3 days stay in switz. Can you please let me know what are the must see places in switzerland.

I live in Canada and this is my first trip to europe. I am traveling with my husband and a 4 yr old son.

I am planning to fly into germany and fly out of london. Please let me know if traveling by train to these places would be a good option.

Would appreciate any inputs.

Regards,

Drip.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
reviews: 237
1. Re: 3 days trip to Switzerland

Head straight for the Lauterbrunnen Valley for mountains, alpine villages, spectacular scenery. From there see the villages of Murren, Gimmelwald, and Wengen. Take the train from LV to Jungfrau (via Wengen). Take the bus/gondola to Schilthorn from LV, return trip on gondola and disembark at Muerren explore the little village. Walk downhill from Muerren to Gimmelwald and explore tiny village. Take gondola back down to LV and walk or take the postbus to Trummelbach Falls. That should probably be enough for 3 days.

Europe
2. Re: 3 days trip to Switzerland

Hello montrealvisitor, Bonsoir les Canadiens!

Welcome to Switzerland! Bienvenus en Suisse!

As you have 3 days and travel with a little child I would suggest you to do all your trips here by train.

So take a direct train from Genveva to Berne, and from Berne to Interlaken (approx. 3 hrs all together). Use Interlaken as a hub to visit the mountains, Lucerne (direct train connections) etc..

You have the train schedule at www.sbb.ch

From Switzerland you have again direct trains to Germany or take a flight to Zurich airport (for that: take a train back from Interlaken to Berne and from Berne to Zurich airport direct)....and come back longer!

Thanks anyway for visiting us!

Enjoy!

Linnen

Toronto
3. Re: 3 days trip to Switzerland

Thanks tmynatt.

Merci Linnen. (thats one of the few words i know in french :-)

4. Re: 3 days trip to Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 15, 2009