We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva to interlaken West by train?

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Geneva to interlaken West by train?

Hi guys, I am arriving on Geneva airport on Aug/3 and I will have to use train from Geneva airport to Interlaken West station, can anyone tell me how much will it cost for this journey? and if you can give me the official website for the train communications there it would be awesome so I can book all that online.

and my second journey will be from Interlaken West to Paris i will use train for that. can anybody tell me the website for these international trips as well? how much would they go for?

and how much for the Swiss Pass card? will it give me discount on those train trips as well?

Thanks.

Kent, England
1. Re: Geneva to interlaken West by train?

Use the official Swiss Rail website at www.sbb.ch/en and be aware that the default fare on the site is the half fare . You may well be able to get a good deal on the Interlaken Paris fare from the Swiss Rail site bearing in mind that if you decide to buy a pass you only need a ticket from the border, Basel. It cost me 31chf last year for a one fare Basel to Paris.

Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: Geneva to interlaken West by train?

what do you mean by"deafult fare on the site is the half fare""

I just checked their website, from Interlaken West to Paris, it says 137CHF, if i bought it from the station it will be the double? do you mean its cheaper to buy online? and if I bought online will I get it on my email or by post? like some other tickets?

Lucerne, Switzerland
reviews: 12
3. Re: Geneva to interlaken West by train?

<what do you mean by"deafult fare on the site is the half fare"">

When you enter Geneva to Interlaken West, you will see that the website proposes prices "from 33.50 CHF". That is half price - a very large number of people here have half-price railcards, so I suppose it makes sense for the site to mention that fare first, it's probably the one that is used the most. With no railcard, you will pay double the price shown.

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: Geneva to interlaken West by train?

Oh I see, Thank you very much for your respond.

5. Re: Geneva to interlaken West by train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 26, 2014