We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic trains from Basel to Interlaken

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Scenic trains from Basel to Interlaken

Hi,

I would be landing in Basel on 20th October by 12 in the afternoon and would like to reach Interlaken. Could any one suggest me any scenic trains I can take through this route. I dont mind if the route is longer while it offers me the scenic beauty. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Basel / Switzerland
reviews: 34
1. Re: Scenic trains from Basel to Interlaken

You could travel via Lucerne and over the Brünig pass. 3 hours 38 minutes instead of 1:58 via Berne.

look the railway site.

www.sbb.ch

On the way back, don't miss to visit the old city center of Basel, 6 minutes by tram from the railway station.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2. Re: Scenic trains from Basel to Interlaken

Thanks for your advise Maetzli,

When I searched in sbb.ch from Basel to Interlaken via Lucerne, I got only one connection: Basel->Lucerne and Lucerne->Interlaken which requires 3hrs 38mins as you said. Does this route covers Brünig pass as well?

And trains in this route are InterRegional, just to make sure... does the regional trains in this route be enjoyable(interms of Scenic beauty)?

Thanks again in advance!

Basel / Switzerland
reviews: 34
3. Re: Scenic trains from Basel to Interlaken

Yes it does

enter "Brünig" in the empty box after "via"

Enter "Brünig" on Google and click on "picture. Then you can decide. I think it is very scenic.

4. Re: Scenic trains from Basel to Interlaken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 05, 2013