We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather again

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamburg, Germany
Weather again

Hi,

my elderly aunt and me are going to Interlaken at the end of August,

and I only have a parka (is that ok for English speaking guys like you) or a very light rain jacket/windbreaker. Do I need the parka for the jungfrau and how rainy and cold does the region get? In today's weather forecast I read 28° C? Is that realistic?

Thanks a lot

Carol

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
reviews: 6
1. Re: Weather again

Can you wear layers (a turtleneck, long sleeved shirt and a sweater) under your lightweight jacket? If so, it is likely to be warm enough for a sightseeing visit particularly if you have a hat and gloves, and warm socks on your feet in all but really cold weather.

Yes, parka is an English word and it means a very heavy winter coat that is usually short (hip length or shorter).

Hope this helps.

United Kingdom
reviews: 15
2. Re: Weather again

"Realistic",yes, it will be for today.This time of year can be even hotter,but also much colder.As kileysmom says,you have to think layers. We have been lucky any time we have been in September and had warm sunny days.However this is mountain country,so be prepared for anything!!

Hamburg, Germany
3. Re: Weather again

Hi, kileysmom and Allmend

my parka is not very heavy as you can see from the very unfavourable photograph. Too heavy for Interlaken? Is the temperature mostly higher than 20°C? Then I'll think again - and take a bandana instead of the hat?

And do I buy any special train ticket from Zurich airport?

Thank you

Caranau

Hamburg, Germany
4. Re: Weather again

Oh,

I see you cannot see anything on the photograph bec it's quite distorted - this is why I'm changing it now. Anyway, I'll take your advice and do layers.

See you soon

Carol

5. Re: Weather again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 21, 2013