We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation at Interlaken

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
Accommodation at Interlaken

We will be at Interlaken later half of June. Can some one reccomend what is the best way to search and get a good deal on hotel for family of 4.

Thanks

Lok

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
reviews: 227
1. Re: Accommodation at Interlaken

The best deal I've ever found is the Chalet Fontana in Muerren...past Interlaken up in the Alps.

www.chaletfontana.ch

You know, Interlaken is not in the Alps. The stunning and breathtaking scenery is about a 20 minute train ride PAST Interlaken into the Lauterbrunnen Valley. From there you will see the sights that you actually came to Switzerland to see. As you arrive in Lauterbrunnen Muerren sits on your right and Wengen on your left.

www.muerren.ch

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 25
2. Re: Accommodation at Interlaken

Hi,

Another good search site is at

www.myjungfrau.ch

where you can search several villages at one time.

I also don't much care for Interlaken and would rather be up in the mountains --

Good luck!

s

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 7
3. Re: Accommodation at Interlaken

Interlaken is very good place for a base with kids.

http://www.interlaken.ch/

Wengen, Lauterbrunnen, Mürren will also be teeming with tourists that time of year, and can get boring with not much else to do than hiking, hiking and hiking. OK the views are spectacular, but even in Interlaken you got spectacular views of the alps.

From Interlaken it is much easier to do daytrips -> Lake Brienz, Ballenberg, Lake Thun, Thun with it's castle, Harder or day trip to Bern etc etc...

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
reviews: 227
4. Re: Accommodation at Interlaken

It's difficult to imagine Muerren teeming with tourists ANY time of the year...perhaps January/February for ski season.

It's all a matter of preference. We've personally been to this area 5 or 6 times and always stayed in either Muerren or Wengen. We've done some daytrips down to Interlaken and boat rides on Brienz and Thun. We've visited the Geissbach Falls and the towns of Brienz and Thun as well as the Thun Castle. It was an interesting daytrip and a fun break from the mountains for a day. But returning to the alpine villages was always welcome...by the way we are a family of 4 also.

Interlaken is an excellent hub for train connections, souvenirs, and McDonalds Happy meals if you need them.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
reviews: 4
5. Re: Accommodation at Interlaken

I don't think I would worry too much about big crowds in Wengen or Murren in June either. Especially this year when most of the locals are concerned about a dip in tourism due to the ecconomy. Late June is usually a great time for a visit to any of the mountain villages as the flowers are still blooming, all the hotels are available, and the height of the tourist season is still a month away. The sites above should give you a good start at finding options.

Mumbai
reviews: 17
6. Re: Accommodation at Interlaken

That depends on your budget.If you are Indian (seems from you name) then I suggest you stay near Interlaken West station as lot's of Indian restaurents around.

Budget accomodation :Rugenpark Bed and Breakfast

Medium : City Oberland/Weisseskreuz/Crystal/Chalet Swiss

Premium :Metropole/Interlaken/Krebs

Luxury :Linder Grand Beu Rivage/Victoria Jungfrauch

I am staying at Krebs in June as it is newly renovated hotel with air conditioning.June is summer in Switzerland .so not taking chances with other hotels without airconditioning

7. Re: Accommodation at Interlaken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, November 17, 2009