We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

general costs

Which Interlaken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
reviews: 62
general costs

could someone please give me rough guide as to what to expect to pay for things in the region. How much would a cofee, a beer,the average price of a 3 course meal, and a bottle of local wine?

Middle England
reviews: 82
1. Re: general costs

In general beer will be cheaper than Wales in a cafe, coffee is about 3chf, so just over £1. I've never eaten a 3 course meal out, so wouldn't know, but we generally spend less in Switzerland than in the UK when eating out. Local wine doesn't come cheaply though.

wales
reviews: 62
2. Re: general costs

thanks, that doesn't sound as bad as i was expecting, especially the beer!

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 9
3. Re: general costs

You'll be lucky to find a coffee for CHF 3.00 more like CHF 3.50 - CHF 4.00 (except Migros or Coop selfservice restaurants)

A pint of beer should go for about CHF 5.00

And the local wine (as Swiss) is reasonably priced if you go for the open wines and also depending on what you choose; prices ranging from CHF 3.00 / dl. upwards.

4. Re: general costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 06, 2009