We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best Pass or card to buy for a group of 16 ?

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
reviews: 72
Which is the best Pass or card to buy for a group of 16 ?

I am so confused. We are a group of 16 from Malaysia travelling by Singapore Airlines for a 4 day 3 nights stay in the Jungfrau Region. We arrive in Zurich at 8 am and want to take the one way train ticket to Grindelwald where we stay 3 night and then proceed from Grindelwald to Austria by van . So we only need one way ticket to Zurich.

Questions: Is a point to point train ticket the best option ? If yes how much is the ticket on a group fare? What discount do I get? Where do I buy it? When? Can I buy it on the spot or do I book earlier? If earlier how and where?

2. How do I get to Grindelwald fr Interlakin or Interlakin Ost? How much?

3. In Grindelwald I have 3 nights .

I would like the boat ride in Interlakin. Wh pass gives this free ride?

4. Itinerary: Is this the best :

One day Grindelwald to Top of Europe - wh route is best .. want to visit as many villages along the way down... Murren WEngen Lauterbrunnen etc ... Recommendation?

One day to FIRST . One day or half a day?

What do we do on the 3rd day ... Interlakin boat rides morning?

Afternoon ... also want to see the waterfalls.

Pl suggest the best itinerary and if I should buy the SWISS HALF FARE or SWISS PASS or the 3 DAY VIP JUNGFRAU PASS . tq

Middle England
reviews: 82
1. Re: Which is the best Pass or card to buy for a group of 16 ?

Hmmm. So loads of questions there. The first step is to sort out what you want to do, then to find the right pass. It's likely to be a half fare card plus a jungfraubahn vip pass.

This is for 3 days and includes Jungfraujoch but not boats.

jungfrau.ch/en/…jungfrau-vip-pass_238

There's a 6 day version as well which includes boats but there's a supplement for jungfraujoch.

jungfrau.ch/en/sommer/tourism/places-to-visi…

I can't find a simple link to a map - but search for map of jungfraubahn and you will get loads of choices.

You need to look at www.sbb.ch/en - this will answer questions on how to get anywhere from anywhere on the simple timetable enquiry.

You need to be flexible on your days. One day to Jungfraujoch - but decide later, not now. Wait to see how the weather is and the forecast in the evening for the next morning before you decide which day. First - this is as long as you want, can be half a day or a day, you could have a good day with First and possibly Pfinstegg and some local walks.

You could probably fit the waterfalls in on your Jungfrau day if you have loads of energy. From Grindelwald straight up to JFJ. Then down to Kleine Scheidegg for lunch. In the afternoon down to Wengen then on to Lauterbrunnen. From here walk along the valley to Trummelbach then bus back, finally train from Lauterbrunnen to Grindelwald via Zweilutschinen.

That gives a final day for Interlaken and a boat trip. Perfect .

Edited: 7:46 am, March 02, 2014
Malaysia
reviews: 72
2. Re: Which is the best Pass or card to buy for a group of 16 ?

I would like to arrange a set lunch for all 16 in the group at Kleine Scheidegg. What's an average meal here like? What's the cost of a lunch per person please?

2.. How much does a pizza cost in Grindelwald?

3. Re: Which is the best Pass or card to buy for a group of 16 ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 30, 2015