We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bernase overland or norway?

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malibu
reviews: 5
bernase overland or norway?

if i had my choice where would you go for beauty and charm as solo traveler.I loved bernese overland and did 20years ago .Deciding where to go between took.

canada
reviews: 10
1. Re: bernase overland or norway?

If you like water, the choice is simple, go for the fjords.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
reviews: 6
2. Re: bernase overland or norway?

I've spent time in both places and they are so different! I think you will need to do some research and see what appeals to you most!

malibu
3. Re: bernase overland or norway?

I grew up in stowe vermont and love natural beauty.Banff ,is beautiful,also Bernase overland i went to years ago backpacking.I just would like your opion which you would choose to go to.Which gives you that wow this is beautiful factor.It is just an opion,give me yours.If i was going to do one with a group and then one on my own another time what would you choose and why?How many days in bergen and area close? Also would you spend more time in zermatt or in Bernase overland in switz.,which s more charming.Does one feel like vail or aspen like gstad .I don't want to be in a place in europe that is like vail in USA.

malibu
4. Re: bernase overland or norway?

Is alaska have the same beauty Whats the difference

malibu
5. Re: bernase overland or norway?

I grew up in stowe vermont and love natural beauty.Banff ,is beautiful,also Bernase overland i went to years ago backpacking.I just would like your opion which you would choose to go to.Which gives you that wow this is beautiful factor.It is just an opion,give me yours.If i was going to do one with a group and then one on my own another time what would you choose and why?How many days in bergen and area close? Also would you spend more time in zermatt or in Bernase overland in switz.,which s more charming.Does one feel like vail or aspen like gstad .I don't want to be in a place in europe that is like vail in USA.

Adliswil...
reviews: 9
6. Re: bernase overland or norway?

On a boring, financial note, the cost of food in Norway makes Switzerland look cheap.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
7. Re: bernase overland or norway?

For sheer breathtaking, majestic scenery I would choose the Fjords OR Alaska. I have lived in Switzerland for 25 years and I love the beauty of our Alps but both Norway and Alaska blew me away!!

However if it is good food you seek - Switzerland wins hands down!!

Edited: 3:42 am, July 09, 2012
leicester
reviews: 131
8. Re: bernase overland or norway?

Haven't been to Norway, but the Lauterbrunnen valley in Switzerland is one of my favourite places. It is just beautiful and offers some wonderful walks,cable rides and mountain trains. The climate is so fresh and it has loads to offer. We took friends there last year and they were awestruck.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
9. Re: bernase overland or norway?

If these really look alike to you, pick the destination that is cheaper and easier to reach.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
10. Re: bernase overland or norway?

JoLeicester -

funny you should say that about the Lauterbrunen valley! Why? because it is a glaciated U-shaped valley which, were Switzerland to have a sea coast, could easily have been a fjord. Same geological origin!! I agree with you - I love the Lauterbrunenn valley (and the fjords!)