We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grindelwald Ski/Snow Season NOT opening this weekend?!

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 47
Grindelwald Ski/Snow Season NOT opening this weekend?!

The Jungfrau website originally posted that the ski slopes would open this weekend, November 20-21 (just for the weekend). However now it's saying it won't open until the following weekend. I unfortunately have a hotel room I can't cancel & want to celebrate my husband's birthday.

Any suggestions of things we can do? Will the toboggan runs be open?

Dubai
1. Re: Grindelwald Ski/Snow Season NOT opening this weekend?!

Click on the below link to find out more on the available options:

http://www.grindelwald.travel/en.cfm/winter/

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 28
2. Re: Grindelwald Ski/Snow Season NOT opening this weekend?!

Unfortunately it looks like ski season in Jungfrau region will indeed only start on November 27th. You could check the following link to find out more about opening times of the different ski areas. But probably you have to go as far as Gstaad/les Diablerets or Zermatt to do skiing. And watch the movie to cheer you up ;-) myswitzerland.com/en/home/wintervacation.html

However you can still go up to Jungfraujoch just for the experience and the view. Don't know about the opening times of the toboggan runs - you might want to contact the tourist office.

3. Re: Grindelwald Ski/Snow Season NOT opening this weekend?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 19, 2011