We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glaciers

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
reviews: 15
Glaciers

Hi there

We are staying in Switzerland and are looking for a glacier that is easily accessible, as we are travelling with 2 children aged 2 and 5. We have a backpack to carry the little one, and the older one is not averse to walking and steps if the end result is worth the effort (it is amazing how quickly he tires in shopping centres lol!)

I have heard that the Glacier near Grindelwald is very beautiful and easy to get to. I believe there is also some kind of grotto? I was just wondering what it is like this summer and what local advice is on access for young children. We visited the Interlaken/Grindelwald region a number of years ago (pre-children) and really loved it, and my son (the 5 year old) really wants to see a glacier and maybe some snow, although we appreciate this is pretty limited at this time of year.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Hilary

Schwyz, Switzerland
reviews: 284
1. Re: Glaciers

the cheapest one would be a long way to go:

grindelwald.travel/en.cfm/ausflugsziele/offe…

The expensive one is Top of Europe

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
reviews: 4
2. Re: Glaciers

The glacier above Grindelwald is easy to get to. The walk is flat almost the whole way and the scenery is quite pretty.

Take the cablecar up to Pfingstegg and follow the trail signs. It's a wide easy trail.

3. Re: Glaciers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 10, 2010