We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment Bielholz

Which Grindelwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 7
Apartment Bielholz

We are a Canadian family of four and are just about to rent for one week in August 2009 the property advertised on the internet as Apartment Bielholz. The place looks absolutely fantastic but is also quite expensive. Has anyone ever seen it up close or stayed there ? Thanks.

London, UK
reviews: 57
1. Re: Apartment Bielholz

There are probably something like 1,000 flats available to rent in and around Grindelwald, so your chances of finding someone who has stayed there look slim. Standards are high in Switzerland and I would have every confidence that it would turn out as good as it looks. We have stayed in Grindelwald regularly for more than 20 years and have learnt to stay as close as possible to the centre of the village, as gradients are severe and a trip to the supermarket can turn out to be an ordeal if it is a mile or so away. I would only stay that far out if I had a car, something I prefer to avoid in the Alps.

For British people Switzerland has always been expensive and the plunge in the value of the pound against the franc means that we have cancelled our holiday this year. Having said that, in a way, Switzerland remains value for money with some of the world's best scenery combined with absolute cleanliness and total efficiency. We have also found the Oberlanders to be very friendly and helpful, provided you don't commit some terrible crime such as dropping a piece of litter, which is quite likely to result in a long prison sentence. Only a slight exaggeration!

2. Re: Apartment Bielholz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 17, 2009