We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gstaad in September

Which Gstaad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 47
Gstaad in September

Hi was planning a trip to gstaad in early september,is that a good idea? and also if one stayed at the Palace Hotel then is it convenient from Public transport point of view, i mmean the train station etc,thanks in advance

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
1. Re: Gstaad in September

Hi passiontravel,

Yes, I think Gstaad would be wonderful in Sep. I've been there mainly in the summer months and the springtime, but I bet September would be perfect.

The Palace Hotel is a 5-star. If they don't send someone to the train station to pick you up when you arrive, shame on them!! But yes it would be easy to walk there from the train station, maybe 10 minutes on flat ground.

Do you have your itinerary set and things to do listed? Let us know if you'd like any suggestions/comments!

s

Mumbai (Bombay...
2. Re: Gstaad in September

Thanks for your very quick reply, and i do know i am in Gstaad for three nights and then going to Montreux, any ideas on what to do around there?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Gstaad in September

Hi again,

Around which -- Gstaad or Montreux?

What kinds of things are you interested in doing? Hiking? Biking? Museums? Seeing towns & cities?

There are some wonderful hikes from Gstaad than range from 1h to 2-3 hours; if you want information on those, let us know. Similarly, there are wonderful bike rides, and you can rent bikes from the Gstaad train station.

If you want to see nearby things, you can see Gruyeres (castle, cheese-demonstration, beautiful medieval village), Broc (chocolate factory at Broc-Fabrique), Saanen, Rossieniere, Rougemont, Chateau d'Oex, Zweisimmen, and Thun.

I think you'll have a great time there!

s

Zweisimmen...
4. Re: Gstaad in September

Hi passiontravel

Just some more informations. You should remember, that Gstaad Palace is closing the summer season on the 16th of September 2012. So be sure to take this in your planning.

To walk from station to Palace is truely about 10-15 Min., but it's certainly not on flat ground, the street is mostly going uphill about 40 meters of altidude with a nice view over the center part of the village.

On your arrival day I'm sure the Palace will pick you up by car, if you ask them, so you don't have to carry all your luggage up to the hotel. :-)

Happy planning and a nice stay.

pb

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Gstaad in September

Thanks for the correction on the "flat ground," pb! I hadn't realized it was an uphill walk!

s

Zweisimmen...
6. Re: Gstaad in September

Good sign. You're too fit. :-)

Mumbai (Bombay...
7. Re: Gstaad in September

Thanks a lot for all the help, we shall be in gstaad for 3 nights and would love to see some pretty towns around there, any suggestions

Zweisimmen...
8. Re: Gstaad in September

Around Gstaad are only villages and no towns. :-)

Most popular villages are:

- Saanen (just next to Gstaad, but big constrcution site on one side of the village, other side with nice old buildings and the church and the bridge of I think "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge"

- Lauenen (end of Lauenen valley, beautiful view to the peaks, maybe go to Lake Lauenen by bus or hike)

- Rougemont: already french part of Sitzerland, nice older part and a chateau with church

- Zweisimmen (maybe you pass with Goldenpass, plan a stop there, have a look at Bahnhof Strasse and church district (medevial) and the nearby local museum)

More Infos about the villages:

www.gstaad.ch/en/page.cfm/Gstaadinfo/Villages

Happy planing

Mumbai (Bombay...
9. Re: Gstaad in September

Thanks a lot , i appreciate all the help

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
10. Re: Gstaad in September

For me the Palace is a very uphill walk!

If you can't get a room there because of dates take a look at the Bernerhof which is right next to the station. (neither uphill nor down!!)

September is generaly a glorious month in this country and while it is too early to get much change of foliage colour it is just perfect for hiking, sightseeing etc.