We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental from Lucerne

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Car rental from Lucerne

Guys

For the day trips out of Lucerne like to Rigi or into Zurich itself, I'd like to do a 1-day car rental during my stay. I'm okay with the parking rates in Zurich. I'm unable to find any car rental location with Lucerne itself. Can someone give me a few links?

Since it's a 1-day rental, I won't incur overnight parking rates in Lucerne since I'll simply return the car by 5pm or so

Thx

Edited: 9:27 pm, May 19, 2014
5 replies to this topic
canada
reviews: 10
1. Re: Car rental from Lucerne

You cannot drive a car up Mt Rigi.

Car rental locations:- if you don't have any brand leads, find one near Radisson Blu beside the train station.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
2. Re: Car rental from Lucerne

Why would you even think about renting a car if you want to go to Zürich???

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 164
3. Re: Car rental from Lucerne

This was my question to, why a car for a trip to Zurich as the train leaves from the Lucerne city center and arrives at the Zurich city center?

It is more comfortable, cheaper and safer to visit Zurich by train than by car.

pore

reviews: 2
4. Re: Car rental from Lucerne

How about Rigi? I'm concerned that smaller stations will only have ramps and not escalators and I'm traveling with someone who cannot climb a steep ramp or too many steps

Southport, United...
5. Re: Car rental from Lucerne

To avoid much walking going to Rigi I would take the boat from Luzern just opposite the station and get off it at Vitznau. Walk across to the train (there are steps to get on the train) ride to Rigi Külm at the top. Take the lift to the viewing platform by the restaurant. Then I would return the same way.

You could also return by taking the train down to Arth Goldau where you have to walk downhill to the main station and then use the ramp, this graded to be suitable for wheelchairs etc I push my walker/rollator up it easily. Then wait for the train back to Luzern.

The only way up Rigi other than walking all the way is using the trains.

Edited: 10:52 am, May 20, 2014
Reply to: Car rental from Lucerne
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted